Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB - from Win98SE or MB manuf?  (Read 3458 times)

Yvgeny MacDonald

USB - from Win98SE or MB manuf?
« on: August 12, 2004, 03:15:19 AM »
 :) Hi,

I had 2 entries for "usb root hub" in my system control panel (win98se - patched up to date) and i removed on by accident. now when pc restarts it detects a "pci universal serial bus" although the usb ports are motherboard-borne. i have the aopen mx34 mboard cd and also win98se cd and i cannot find drivers for this or usb root hub on either cd (usb 1.1 im sure). does anyone know where i should be looking? im thinking of getting a pci usb card just to get some ports back - at least this will have its own drivers etc which should not fail. i still have one usb root hub entry in device manager,

thoughts welcomed.  :o Y.

Raptor

Re: USB - from Win98SE or MB manuf?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 05:41:27 AM »
Reinstall the mainboard drivers. They may contain USB drivers.

I suggest you search the CD that came with your motherboard.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 05:44:41 AM by Raptor »

Fjodor MacDonald

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 08:44:16 AM »
 :o My cousin said "i cannot find drivers for this or usb root hub on either cd", thererfore the question still begs - where would root usb hub drivers be - on a motherboard CD or on your operating system CD? Could anyone with Win98SE even post here what their interrupt/DMA settings are for USB root hub. Help, attention most welcome.

Dost Vedtdanya. FM.  :'(

2k dummy

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 09:50:32 AM »
USB drivers are on the MB CD-rom, but not listed as USB drivers. That is part of the chip set drivers. Check your manual to see what chip set the MB has and load the drivers for it. In the absense of proper drivers, windows loads a generic driver for USB, which sometimes does not work. After you load the correct drivers, go to Device Manager and remove the generic driver.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 03:12:39 PM »
you may try going into the bios del/ctrl key on boot and chose setup-default options save and exit...give it a wirl..it may work..