Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Loading pages on google.  (Read 79608 times)

grounded

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Loading pages on google.
    « on: March 20, 2021, 03:55:36 AM »
    Still in trouble, I use Google on my laptop and have an icon top left of the screen. When I open the CP I get a blank white page, after a few seconds the BBC or a Microsoft page appears.  (I needed Google so I can check my mail).  Now I drag the page down to uncover my google icon,   then I click on the icon,   the google page comes up, I then close the other page. I am now in business. The question is why do I have to do all this just to open google, it has only recently started playing up, any advice appreciated. :-[

Gizmo

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Loading pages on google.
      « Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 11:11:46 AM »
      You need to go into the preferences in your browser and set the website you want as your homepage, in your case Google.
       You did not say which browser you are using, is it Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or a different one?

If you get stuck, post which browser you are using and I can tell you how to do it.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 01:02:14 PM »
      If you get stuck, post which browser you are using and I can tell you how to do it.

The pronoun you're looking for is "we", not "I" ;)

grounded

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 03:54:09 PM »
        thanks Al, I get to check the home button, but there is no change. I am trying to make google chrome my home page. primary because from there I get plenty of options including google mail I thank you for your help.

Gizmo

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 07:30:25 PM »
          Don't like to presume that anyone else is going to join in and help, yes I'm new to this forum, but have noticed how many questions have gone unanswered for days, you only have to look at how many unanswered questions there are.
          I am not on here for flame wars, but to help people.

grounded

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 10:51:58 PM »
            Weird happenings, my problem seems to have solved itself and I no have google as my home page, solve one problem get another 4 weeks ago I downloaded and paid for ad-block,  yet I am now getting pestered to buy ad-block, how can I contact them?

Gizmo

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 03:44:12 AM »
              You do not need to pay for an ad blocker -  a lot of people use uBlock Origin, which is easy on CPU and memory, and it's free (I use this one).
              Another one is Adblock Plus, which is what I think you may have been looking for, which again is free.