Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help with win98  (Read 7874 times)

abusam

Topic Starter

Starter
    help with win98
    « on: February 02, 2006, 06:17:28 PM »
    hi all,

Can anyone explain to me, in windows 98 wot files and type are in the

Windows folder
    System folder
    root i.e c:\
    system32
    windows\command
    windows\inf
    ...\sysbckup
    ...\start menu
    start menu\programs
    start menu\programs\startup

thanks in advance

Puma_SPNKr

Re: help with win98
    « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 06:22:12 PM »
    I don't understand what you're asking for... What types of files are held within those folders?  Because, if so... The Windows folder holds all different types of files (typically important ones that could destroy your system if deleted, etc etc.), or are you asking for something else?  Like I said, I don't understand what you're asking...

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 12:25:05 AM »

abusam

Topic Starter

Starter
        « Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 02:56:14 PM »
        If you don't want to be helpful then try joking elsewhere.  If you want to help then try writing something helpful and useful rather than trying to be cocky.

Fed

• Sage
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 03:05:26 PM »
          I see no jokes by the respondents to your question.
          What is your problem abusam?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 03:14:24 PM »
             abusam........  
            If you don't want to be helpful then try joking elsewhere.  If you want to help then try writing something helpful and useful rather than trying to be cocky.

First of all ..... Feds response wasnt a joke , nor was he being cocky .....

Now then ...if you had taken the time to explore the folders you are inquiring about you would have answered all your own questions ........
            UNLESS .........you have a specific reason ......which you aren't revealing .

please let us know

dl65  ::)
            If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

abusam

Topic Starter

Starter
              « Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 10:16:48 AM »
              http://www.homework.com is not wot I call helpful.  I view that as an insult, but had he direcrted me to this sites information area I would have appreciated that.  The reason I asked was because I was not sure where the boot files resided and where the core files were located, and where the restore files were kept in win9x.  I last used win9x in 2001.  I just needed a refresher.  

If fed was not being cocky or insulting, then wot on earth was he insinuating by referring me to homework.com  tell me then wot he meant?   You seem to be sure he wasn't joking or being cocky.

best regards,

abs

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 10:31:08 AM »
              It really would have made more sense to explain what you were trying to do. The original question left a lot of people scratching their heads, I'm sure. That probably led to so few responses.  It certainly looked like a homework question, and generally we leave that to the students.