Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bluetooth Disappeared from Device Manager  (Read 3797 times)

Steve350

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Bluetooth Disappeared from Device Manager
    « on: May 16, 2021, 12:26:26 PM »
    I have an LG laptop (motherboard by LG Electronics, Model 17Z90N, Version FAB1) that is less than 2 months old. I’ve been using a Bluetooth mouse without any issues until yesterday after a Windows 10 20H2 update.  I discovered the mouse wasn’t working.  I checked Device Manager I discovered the Bluetooth icon was missing.  Checking the hidden file option, I found the Bluetooth Icon with the listed drivers but was unable to enable this device.  I uninstalled the Bluetooth driver(s) thinking they would auto reinstall on a reboot.  They didn’t, I tried downloading the manufacturer Bluetooth drivers (zip file with install) and the install program failed to install the drivers.  I’ve tried rolling back the Update, didn’t help. Tried rolling the computer back to an earlier date,  no date was available due to the update.  I called LG, they wanted me to reinstall Windows and see if that would fix the problem.  I really didn’t want to reinstall all my programs so I told tech support I’d do a little research first and would get back with them.  Tried the Google search option and the fixes didn’t work.  I called MS tech support, they told me it was a motherboard, hardware problem and not due to their update. They recommended I return the computer…  The computer was purchased at Costco so the return is not an issue.  The computer seems to be working fine, other than not having a Bluetooth option and I'd rather not have to reinstall everything if there is a simple fix?