Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Multiple Stop Errors and BSOD over last two weeks  (Read 9161 times)

StevenMal

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Multiple Stop Errors and BSOD over last two weeks
    « on: August 22, 2021, 12:26:45 AM »

I'm using a Sager NP8378F2-S (CLEVO PB71DF2-G) with Windows 10 that I bought from XOTICPC.com in February 2021. Over the last two weeks I've received multiple Stop Errors and BSOD, forcing my computer to restart. The messages are

"SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"
    "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"
    "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"
    "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

Unfortunately, the only changes I remember recently making to my computer are installing Zoom and Malwarebytes, both which I have uninstalled. XOTICPC support suspects hardware failure and they're asking me to mail the laptop back to them for repairs. I'd like to try to solve the issue before sending it to them. Thank you for any help.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210216181847.000000-300
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 165 Stepping 2, CPU Count: 16
    Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
    Hard Drives: C: 1862 GB (1165 GB Free); D: 931 GB (671 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Notebook PB50_70DFx,DDx, ver Not Applicable, s/n Not Applicable
    System: INSYDE Corp., ver MIDERN - 0, s/n Not Applicable
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

ngc2392

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Multiple Stop Errors and BSOD over last two weeks
      « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 02:20:00 PM »
      Well, windows 10 sometimes installs some updates that can (and will) break the system. And cause bsods. So, you can uninstall the latest updates or rollback the system to previous state. You can also test the memory (memtest via usb drive or dvd disk). To be sure, run the test over night. You can also view bsod (bluescreenvieweer from nirsoft) to see if there is a culprit. Update bios, drivers (graphic and chipset, network) won't hurt either.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: Multiple Stop Errors and BSOD over last two weeks
      « Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 08:01:23 AM »
      Sorry for the late response. Multiple and varied BSOD's do indeed indicate hardware failure. Could be anything from the cpu to the motherboard or something else. I agree you should return the laptop under warranty.