Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hp laptop went into hibernation now orange light on charging port  (Read 23819 times)

quay95

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hp laptop went into hibernation now orange light on charging port
    « on: September 14, 2021, 09:30:32 AM »
    I have a 64 bit Hp 15 laptop running windows 10. When I went to put my pin number in it said my number was not authenticated and went into hibernation.I got it started.(it started very slowly) now there's an orange light on the charging port. The battery icon says it's plugged in and it seems to be charging but I still have orange light can anyone tell me what this is? I'm posting this in software because of the hibernation thing please let me know if I'm in the wrong fourm
    Thanks

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Hp laptop went into hibernation now orange light on charging port
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 02:23:57 PM »
    Leave laptop charging for about an hour and then try again. If you end up with the same results and this laptop has ability to remove the laptop battery, remove laptop battery and start the computer with it connected to the charge cable power supply to see if it behaves better without a battery present. If it runs better without a battery then the battery could be bad causing it to fail to run properly as its weighing heavily on the power supply and causing voltages to be low.