Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Web Design Beginner  (Read 82849 times)

Organ

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Web Design Beginner
    « on: September 30, 2021, 03:07:19 AM »
    I made a smart access system the other day using ESP32 and a touch screen. But I want to finish it further, so I'm going to make full use of the ESP32's wifi capabilities, and for that I may need to make a web page first. Does anyone recommend any software for making web pages for newbies?

Here is a video of my project for your reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl-Nofxb6I4

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Web Design Beginner
    « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 05:14:15 PM »
    In case you don't already have this, you may need this info here: https://microcontrollerslab.com/accessing-esp32-web-server-anywhere-world-esp8266/

You can create a webpage easily with notepad or any other text editor and its free. Lots of tutorials on how to create webpages as simple HTML at YouTube and elsewhere. Biggest thing is going to be if your looking at a secure connection to the ESP32 from outside of the local area network as then the webpage you create needs to be one that isn't something easily hacked to gain access to your ESP32. Making a secure connection from anywhere in the world and connecting to the ESP32 will require a skilled programmer and hardware other than just the ESP32 being open to a DMZ connection from the outside.

If your going to use it for a local wifi connection and not a connection from outside your LAN then it can be done easily with a basic webpage and passing the correct information to the ESP32 from that webpage. For example I had a bunch of remote power control devices on a network that allowed for me to reboot and turn on or off devices connected to the outlets at the power controllers. I made a simple webpage that passed the instructions over the local LAN to the controllers as it passed the username/password and what IP to pass it to along with the instructions of what to reset or turn on or off for outlet number.

There should be others HTML code out there to look at for reference on how to interface with the ESP32 via a webpage, then just edit that for your own needs.

If you want something that looks very professional then you will want to buy a web design software package or hire someone to do the work for you.