Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Issues with installing Origin on Windows 8  (Read 77455 times)

bisky9

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Issues with installing Origin on Windows 8
    « on: January 10, 2022, 11:09:21 PM »
    A friend has asked me to install The Sims 4 for them via CD, but I'm experiencing major problems. I created an account and attempted to save and download before starting Origin, but nothing appeared or happened. As a result, I experimented with more abstract methods of obtaining Origin. When I tried to open it, it would show that it was loading next to the mouse arrow, but then halt. This would occur on a regular basis. So I realised it was definitely designed for Windows 10, but this laptop isn't capable of running it. So I figured that if I got an older version of Windows 8, it might work. I'm not sure whose software version that is, though.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Issues with installing Origin on Windows 8
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 02:58:50 PM »
    Origin is a game client like steam and should be able to download the installer from Origin and install it clean. Then log into an existing account or register and create one. Once the origin client is running you can then go to library to see games you have as well as you may be able to apply the Sims 4 game key to that account to register it with the account if it has not already been registered with another account. Then be able to download and install the Sims 4 game through Origin and play it if the system meets the minimum system requirements.

As far as Origin's compatibility with older operating systems I know that it runs fine with Windows 7 64-bit and newer. So Windows 8 should be fine assuming plenty of space on the hard drive or SSD to install it.

A friend of mine plays Sims 4 on a computer running Windows 7 64-bit with 4GB DDR2 RAM and a 2.6Ghz Quadcore CPU with nVidia GeForce GT730 video card and it runs fine. So as long as you have 4GB RAM or more, Quadcore CPU, and a GPU that meets the requirements for SIMS 4 you should be all set.