Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need advice on free antivirus program  (Read 36250 times)

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Need advice on free antivirus program
    « Reply #15 on: March 30, 2022, 02:45:01 PM »
    Patio: are you talking about Windows Defender? Windows Defender has been described as less than Avast or Bit Defender. The reason I changed antivirus programs was because of that. I surf pretty cleanly but there is always a chance for me to mess up. I may eventually go back to Windows Defender and MBAM, time will tell.

Allen: I didn't know whether a problem existed or not because Windows Defender is pretty much silent and MVAM trial period isn't always available.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: March 30, 2022, 02:56:54 PM »
    Windows Defender is ranked above both the ones you tried...just sayin.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #17 on: March 31, 2022, 05:35:46 AM »
    Patio: are you talking about Windows Defender? Windows Defender has been described as less than Avast or Bit Defender. The reason I changed antivirus programs was because of that. I surf pretty cleanly but there is always a chance for me to mess up. I may eventually go back to Windows Defender and MBAM, time will tell.

Allen: I didn't know whether a problem existed or not because Windows Defender is pretty much silent and MVAM trial period isn't always available.

Did you look at the link in the second post above? Defender is highly rated. And if there was a problem, you'd know it ;)

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #18 on: March 31, 2022, 12:56:00 PM »
      OK, thanks. I read where Windows Defender wasn't ranked above them but will change back if you use it.