Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Multiple BSOD, failure to boot after each  (Read 67888 times)

Ronnycharlas

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Multiple BSOD, failure to boot after each
    « on: March 23, 2022, 07:22:34 AM »
    Hello all,

I've recently had a string of BSODs (Windows 7) which occur and then afterwards I cannot successfully boot my computer unless it has been switched off for some hours. After such a crash, the computer will power up but fail to move to POST or display anything. The HDD sounds inactive during this, the signs of life are spinning fans. After a successful boot, the computer runs fine for some minutes before crashing again.

Each code is different, and I have no idea how I should proceed. I suspect it might be a driver issue which I could possibly solve by reinstalling windows, but I don't know if it is hardware. I'd imagine if it's hardware related it would fail during Windows reinstall as well.

I built this computer a few years ago, I recently upgraded my graphics card and case fans, but the computer worked fine for at least 2 weeks after.

CPU: AMD Athlon Multi Core Processor AD760KWOHLBOX
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H
    GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 960
    RAM: 8Gb
    PSU: Rosewill 450W "Capstone"

The latest BSOD has a code of 0x7E . I don't have the Bluescreenview of that one because it just happened. If needed, I can post that next time my PC will boot. The other crashes are listed below from Bluescreenview.

Please let me know if you need any more info, and thanks in advance for the help.

ngc2392

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Multiple BSOD, failure to boot after each
      « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 02:47:57 PM »
      That error is somehow linked to (mainly) memory problems. So, I suggest that you first put your ram sticks out, wipe them with some rubber eraser (yea, I know...), put one inside and test it with memtest. If it passes at least one pass, change it with other one and repeat the test.

For eliminating vga driver problems, I would suggest running some live linux distro (ubuntu) just to be sure that is not your graphic card faulty. Or, if you have an extra one, replace it to test.

If you go to bios (if you can), can you check the cpu temperatures?

And, it will not hurt if you can also test the harddrive. Is it ssd or hdd?