Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop takes Not less than 10 minutes to connect to wifi Router  (Read 47140 times)

y2ktoys

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    few days ago i bought a router called "Telenet MF286U" from local seller.

i did not change any setting of router except "LTE Band".i select only Band 3 because it gives more speed than default  band settings.

while my Toshiba Satellite Pro L850 laptop(windows 7) trying to connect with router via wifi ,it failed to make a connection.. 

ON & OFF laptop wifi did not worked for me..

restarting router did not work everytime,but sometimes it works.

sometimes my phone has same issue,it also failed to connect.but it did not take time as Laptop does.(Laptop takes 10min or more)

Laptop takes not less than 10 minutes.how unusual is this?

-after this issue i update wifi drivers using Driver Booster 9.

-But it did not solve problem.

Here is video that i recorded while Laptop trying to connect to Router .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjoLdoslw9I

Is this Router's issue or Laptop wireless card's issue?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Laptop takes Not less than 10 minutes to connect to wifi Router
    « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 01:40:19 PM »
    Is this Router's issue or Laptop wireless card's issue?

To see if its a issue with Laptop's wifi I'd go to another wifi connection and see how quickly it is able to connect to that. If the laptop connects quickly then I'd think its an issue with the router itself in it not correctly handshaking to the laptop.

Pushing the driver update via Driver Booster 9, I would have avoided as those driver tools usually do more harm than good. Its always best to install a driver clean downloaded from the maker of the wireless adapter/chipset as the Driver Booster like tools usually come bundled with stuff you dont want added to system.

y2ktoys

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 09:17:43 PM »
      To see if its a issue with Laptop's wifi I'd go to another wifi connection and see how quickly it is able to connect to that. If the laptop connects quickly then I'd think its an issue with the router itself in it not correctly handshaking to the laptop.

Pushing the driver update via Driver Booster 9, I would have avoided as those driver tools usually do more harm than good. Its always best to install a driver clean downloaded from the maker of the wireless adapter/chipset as the Driver Booster like tools usually come bundled with stuff you dont want added to system.

unfortunately i could not find another router/wifi network to test it .

but i experienced some strange things.

Laptop take much time to connect when it start for 1st time in a day..after 1st successfully connection,it did not take more than 2-3 minutes reconnect if connect manually (without restarting laptop)

when laptop is trying connect to wifi network for 1st time in it's start,if i switch on phone's wifi ,then laptop takes only 2-3 minutes to connect.which mean phone connect to wifi network withing 1-2mintues ,it caused to reduce connecting time of laptop.. i tried this way few time ,it worked.it is not random thing as i think.

a440guy

Starter

• Experience: Expert
        « Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 09:50:00 AM »

unfortunately i could not find another router/wifi network to test it .

Go to a coffee shop or other place that has free wi-fi.  They are not hard to find.