Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to put ext. flash drive to it's original state  (Read 15397 times)

treesaregreen

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Beginner
    How to put ext. flash drive to it's original state
    « on: May 30, 2022, 04:50:02 AM »
    I've had my 16TB ext flash drive for about 2 weeks and at first it was fine.

Not sure what went wrong but the drive is now showing in Disk management as 3 different partitions. 1 "healthy", 1 RAW and 1 as unallocated. I can't format or chkdsk it, especially the unallocated part. When I try, it shows up as RAW. It shows up as unallocated when I try to shrink the volume.

I can't merge all 3, in windows (10), or do anything else with it in cmd prompt.
    How can I make it one healthy normal partition again?

Incidentally, (if it helps), I tried wiping the drive, but it took overnight to reach just 9% and figured it'll probably take weeks to finish at that rate so cancelled it.

I have Paragon Partition Manager, Mini Tools Partition Wizard Free and AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition all of which show the same partition as unallocated the others as "other" or "not formatted".