Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Android Phone Lost Wi-Fi Internet Connectivity  (Read 40459 times)

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
Android Phone Lost Wi-Fi Internet Connectivity
« on: September 11, 2022, 02:06:21 PM »
My Android phone is connecting to WiFi with the message "Connected without internet."

Every other device - two Windows PCs, two iPads, two iPhones, Sonos, and my Samsung TV - are all connected to the same network and can access the internet just fine.

The phone can connect to other non-Internet devices on WiFi (the printer, the Sonos controller) and can access the router's home page. My phone also can access the internet on  other WiFi networks (e.g., my office).

The phone connects to the internet over T-Mobile's 4G with no problems.

I first observed this three days ago. This phone has been connecting to this network for over three years, and the SIM card was replaced in June. The router has been in use since August.

Two days ago, I switched from "Randomized MAC" to "Phone MAC" and it immediately reconnected correctly. Yesterday, when the phone physically left the network (i.e., left the house) and returned, it again gave me "Connected without internet" message. I switched from "Phone MAC" to "Randomized MAC" and it immediately reconnected correctly.  Today, I had to reboot the router - and the "Connected without internet" has returned, regardless of anything else I try.

I have forgotten the network and re-entered credentials, rebooted the router, and rebooted the phone (in every possible sequence of those three steps), to no use.

It is a Samsung Note9 running Android 10 - N960USQU9FVG2 / N960UOYN9FVG2 / N960USQ9FVG2 with Security patch level June 1, 2022. According to the phone, my software is up to date.
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.