Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video content stutters in bright areas although games run just fine  (Read 6513 times)

Duddu

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Hi all.
    I am at my wits' end.
    Been looking for a similar problem all over the internet for years, hoping to find a solution, but no one seems to have this specific problem.

So, my issue is as follows:
    When panning, all video content stutters heavily in areas where the image is brighter. Dark portions of the same image are fine.
    Unlike most people, I do not have said problem in games, only with video content, regardless if it's streaming or played from local hard drive.
    I have changed all but the motherboard on my PC, including the monitor, but the issue persists.

My current specs:

MoBo: Z370 Aorus Gaming K3
    RAM: 2 x HyperX Predator, 16GB DDR4, 3200MHz, CL16
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K @3.7GHz
    GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 TI - Gigabyte
    Monitor: LG 32GK850G - Display port connection - native resolution, 165 Hz refresh rate, G-Sync ON (tried OFF, it makes no difference)
    Windows 11 (upgraded from 10, made no difference)
    All drivers up to date.

As I said, I have changed all the components and the monitor, but I can't get rid of this stuttering pest.
    Tried every advice online, nothing works, including fiddling with nVidia Control panel settings.
    Could this be a motherboard issue? BIOS? Of course, I have checked the internet and, apparently, it's very unlikely.
    I read somewhere that the issue may reside in the frame rate of media recording vs my system's playback (or something like that, I'm not an expert on the matter).

Any thoughts?
    Thanks in advance.

P.S.: Please, don't tell me to update drivers and stuff like that. Everything is up to date, I have no viruses, background processes are at a minimum, and components are not faulty. Thank you!