Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Not Getting a Video Signal  (Read 7272 times)

Jason462

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Not Getting a Video Signal
    « on: October 05, 2022, 06:19:57 PM »
    Good evening all, I pulled an older PC out of storage. It was working fine when it was being used. It was missing a gfx card and ram (ddr4). I bought a 2060 super KO and some Corsair dominator ram (16gb)rgb. Installed the ram in the correct lanes and the gfx card, installed on an old monitor that only had VGA and DVI connectors. PC turns on, fans and hdds move, but I can't get anything to show on the monitor. The monitor works, the brand name pops up but that's it. I connected an old flat screen tv to the PC via HDMI and got nothing. I'm using a 1000w psu.

Question is, is this a gfx card issue or connector issue? Im connected via Displayport to DVI, DP on 2060 and DVI on monitor.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Not Getting a Video Signal
    « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 06:19:50 AM »
    What card ? ?  And are you sure it's the correct RAM ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Jason462

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 10:01:06 AM »
      What card ? ?  And are you sure it's the correct RAM ? ?

Hi Patio, thanks for posting. So the card is an EVGA 2060 KO Ultra, and the RAM is Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz, it's all running on my old board, ASRock x99 Fatality LGA 2011 and being powered by EVGA Supernova 1000w psu.

I reseated the cmos battery, and now the pc powers on and immediately powers off, constantly. I'm thinking my mobo might be done for. Any ideas?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 07:23:55 AM »
      I would check the ASROCK site for your board to make sure the RAM is compatible...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "