Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installed Win 10 problem  (Read 29356 times)

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Installed Win 10 problem
    « on: October 14, 2022, 07:12:51 AM »
    I have dual system, Win 7 and recently what i thought was a complete installation of win 10 via Media tool.Each OS on separate hard drives. Both were initiated via my BCD utility. When I was doing the installation of win 10, it arrived at the point where it warns the user that it was going to turn off the pc and reboot. That was the probem...after it turned off, it never rebooted, and in this situation I was able to hear the audible part of the woman instructing the user by welcoming me to win 10 and to continue listen to her or turn her off. I never got the 'video' part of win 10, and in this process, my BCD is screwed up and now the only way i can view win 7 is by using my Bios F8 button and still don't know if i actually have Win 10. I just don't know what next step to take.

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Installed Win 10 problem
      « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 07:08:27 PM »
      OK, seems no one has the magic wand for the above OP, i have been doing some tweaking and this is the latest.

"i'm TRYING TO INSTALL wIN 10 via a recent download of the media creation tool that included the update 21h1 on my Desktop. Prior to doing that, I inserted the usb driver into my existing Win 10 laptop, just to check if the download was successful, which it was, as i opened it and so the first big sign saying "Windows". I removed it and went over to my desktop, set it up with the bios to boot first. This time, on a desktop that has NO OS, the M C T, had no effect. No big sign saying "Windows". Does anyone know why i got that differences? It worked on a pc that has a system, but not on the desktop which has no system?