Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with crashing and screen tearing/glitching  (Read 10044 times)

angelofdeath2275

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Help with crashing and screen tearing/glitching
    « on: October 18, 2022, 10:06:20 AM »
    I am currently running a Ryzen 7 3700x, hellhound 6700xt, 850 watt gold, 16bg ram @ 3600. system has great air flow, AIO for cpu. I also run 2 27" monitors. my question is that when I am gaming, I set my frames to max out at 125 so it doesn't go anywhere near the 165hz of my monitor and yet I am still getting screen tearing/glitching in the picture. I'm only using about 5gb of the 12gb available for me in the gpu ram. it happens on any game that I am playing and sometimes it will completely crash my computer. my cpu and gpu and ram are not overclocked or underclocked at all. any suggestions would be nice.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Help with crashing and screen tearing/glitching
    « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 05:48:40 PM »
    Are you running the latest driver? The fact that it crashes the system means its most likely not the monitor.

I'd suggest running memtest86 on the system to make sure the System RAM is healthy if you already have latest video card driver installed on it to rule out an issue with a bad memory address.

Does this video card still have a active warranty on it to exercise your replacement of it if all else fails in trying to fix it through other methods?

angelofdeath2275

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 05:51:39 PM »
      ram is 3 months old.

running latest drivers. update them weekly before i play and restart the computer after the update before playing games.

GPU still has a manufacture warranty till nov 2022 and an extended warranty till nov 2026

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 07:12:07 PM »
      Have you run a memory check on this system as even if RAM is new, no guarantee that its happy in the motherboard until passing a memory test such as memtest86

angelofdeath2275

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 09:16:04 AM »
        Did a ram test and no problems were found. Running at DD4 3600