Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Am no longer (Admin)  (Read 9708 times)

kburra

Topic Starter

Beginner

Am no longer (Admin)
    « on: October 26, 2022, 09:03:20 PM »
    Hi a long story and am now unable to perform any actions on my Desktop PC (Win 10), was my wife's Pc so changed to Admin as a new user,and now am very limited to what I can do?. When going to accounts there is no option (family and other users) so can't switch back to the original. No longer can I access anything (Don't have permission) have spent hours and hours trying to access anything. When clicking on an exe for example it used to say "Do you want to this app to make changes) the window would have YES and on it would go now the window has no YES option.
    So in desperation tried to format the hard drive using DBAN and do a clean install of Windows, but boot to DBAN it says is starting,but nothing happens. I also can't get into SAFE mode from troubleshooting, or system restore either. Obviously, because I am no longer the Administrator my choices are really null and void. I realize I have stuffed up and am Computer literate, even entered the bios to see if can change any settings there, thought there might be a way to format the HD in there but no luck. have given up now and don't know what to, any HELP or advice most welcome, thanks for reading. Barry in Australia

kburra

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Am no longer (Admin)
      « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 08:56:45 PM »
      Ok finally worked it out, changed to boot from CD in BIOS, using Win 10 Install CD, all ok now, reinstalling software, might help someone else.