Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

BBC Climate Change Experiment?

What? No thanks.
4 (44.4%)
What? Sound's intresting.
4 (44.4%)
I'm already part of it.
1 (11.1%)
Was a part of it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: BBC Climate Change Experiment  (Read 10246 times)

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: BBC Climate Change Experiment
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 04:29:12 AM »
Loser. I am going to turn you into a toad.

[highlight][size=24]ZAP![/size][/highlight]
*falls off his chair*  Mr P actually makes a sensible and funny post!!!
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Ted2

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    « Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 08:01:03 AM »
    Where did you hear about this webpage? Because I have not seen this mentioned in any local New's to me. it's a prediction that could happen.
    Or this article could just be two scientist arguing about how big in metres the waves will be so he decides to make a post  ::)

There's too meny maybe's here, we can't have half of the population reading the website then saying "screw going to work tomorrow, I'm gunna' go buy everything in the shop i can find then just have a massive party and get completely wasted"
    And the other half carrying on as normal. That just don't seem right...  :-?

But personally I don't believe we would be told at all, not at least until 2 days before.
    let me explain.
    Imagine (try to not imagine too hard, it's a bit freaky) an official announcement by Bush, "earth will be struck by a comet within the next 5 year's which will kill all life on this planet"
    That guy I mentioned before, "screw working", what if he was a bus driver, even more, the company manager? there's lots of things we depend on that could possibly become out of use, due to the factories, shops becoming deserted.
    But not everyone might want to party, they might want to spend time with there family and loved ones, and often our family's live far apart. Phone's dead, no busses/planes running, no petrol...

I'm not saying I believe there would be complete anarchy, I think the majority of us are more intelligent than that.
    But it's another possibility.

A little extreme I know.
    And I did twist your word's a little there, you said 25 years, I said 5, which would make a difference in peoples reaction's. probably wouldn’t make a difference for me though, being the lazy guy that I am I'd probably just say "oh what the *censored*, 25 years is a long time, I'll do that thing I wanted to do some other time.." then the reminder comes up on the New's "1 Year..."    :-X

Still, i don't think we would be informed about it.
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 11:59:02 AM by Ted2 »

R0SS

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 12:24:00 PM »
    i agree it would be really silly telling the world that we are all going to die soon.

I dont know.

Suppose we foind out in 24 years.

R0SS