Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Emulator 32/64 Amazon Fire App  (Read 25528 times)

John1397

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Experience: Beginner
    Emulator 32/64 Amazon Fire App
    « on: January 11, 2023, 10:22:44 AM »
    Downloaded emulator 32/64 on Amazon Fire seems can run XP on a Amazon Fire not sure what you do like just download windows XP and open?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Emulator 32/64 Amazon Fire App
    « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 03:49:07 PM »
    With how weak of a ARM Processor the Kindle Fires have.. looked online for more info on this and it appears to be able to be done, but XP has to be stripped down to a lite version of it to operate and lots of people complaining about lag. I cant think of any reason to ever have XP on a Kindle Fire other than someone to show it off that it cane be done for bragging rights.

I own 3 Kindle Fire 7's from 2017 when buying them cheap for $19.99 each on Black Friday Deal and was trying to figure out why they lag brand new out of box and fact of the matter is that Amazon never gave them high end processing power to begin with and back in 2017 they were pretty much selling them with the processing power of andoid devices of 2012 and to keep the price down on the device they pretty much slapped together lower cost and lower end processing power guts into them.

My Kindle Fires are only used anymore for watching Streaming Cable TV and Netflix. Other than that navigation with them if annoyingly laggy. And while I have very fast broadband the kindle fire takes a good almost 10 seconds after touching the XFinity App to come to a black screen that something is happening and then another 10 or 15 seconds before the xfinity streaming menu appears. Then making a selection of what to watch you have to tap once and wait as you wonder did it actually take my finger tap and if impatient and tapping selection again the xfinity app will crash and bring you back to the main GUI of Amazon Fire and you have to go through the process all over again. Once a show is started though no issues. Netflix has the same user interface and loading lag but once the stream session is established movies etc play fine.

I wouldn't waste my time trying to get Windows XP to run on a Kindle Fire. If you want Windows XP on a tablet, I'd suggest getting a Windows 10 Tablet with a x86/64 Intel Processor and then have a virtual machine with XP running within the Windows 10 OS. You then would probably want a mouse and keyboard for it too vs touch screen and so Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse. I have a low end Windows 10 Tablet with 32GB storage and Intel Atom x5-Z8300 1.44Ghz with 2GB RAM that I picked up for $79.99 a few years ago, and use this for the ability to easily make programs in C++ and other languages that I can compile and run on the tablet vs lugging a laptop everywhere I go, and when wanting to interact with this Tablet with a Keyboard/Mouse and larger display to work with I remote into it with TightVNC like with this screenshot. *Note if you do decide to get a Windows 10 tablet be sure to get one with at least 64GB internal storage as this one with 32GB eMMC storage is a poor design because it doesnt have enough free space to take a major Windows 10 update even when removing all personal data on it to free up space on the C: drive. Had I spent more to get the model with 64GB storage I wouldnt have run into this mess. Only way to get around the mess with the 32GB being too small for rolling Windows updates is to wipe it clean and clean install of a newer version of Windows 10. Additionally this would run a whole lot better if it had 4GB or more RAM as the 2GB is tight and lots of virtual memory paging is hitting the limited free eMMC storage which will eventually kill the internal storage from excessive write cycles.

This tablet with clean install of Windows 10 after factory reset is 4.1GB free space on the C: drive and so a Windows XP virtual machine could fit on it. Additionally it has a MicroSD Card slot and so the VHD for XP could reside on a MicroSD however that would = Lag as MicroSD's are slower than the eMMC storage of the C drive.

One thing I might eventually do is add a symbolic link to an area of a SD Card though to extend the C: drive to have more space, but just havent had a need to yet.