Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Replacing Canon Printer  (Read 27033 times)

Janis

Topic Starter

Beginner

Replacing Canon Printer
    « on: April 28, 2023, 06:36:45 AM »
    My printer is now not workable as it fell off the desk!   Trying to find its duplicate is impossible as everything is now wireless.   Can a wireless printer be used in a non wireless mode?   I tried to find a duplicate of my printer and none exist even on EBAY.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Replacing Canon Printer
    « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 08:04:22 AM »
    Just check the specs of the printer(s) you are looking at to see if they can connect via USB (to one computer) or Ethernet (if you want a wired connection to your network)

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 12:25:38 AM »
    Hi

What model canon printer are you needing to replace?
    I just checked thru the current canon printers and non seem to be only wireless. All i found were usb as well.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

Janis

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 03:19:22 PM »
      Thank you     I ended up buying  a printer on EBAY (keeping my hopes high)  as I really loved my MG5720 and have lots of ink for it.  Hoping the used one really is in good working condition.  Newer printer can be used either wireless or connected but ink for newer items is definitely a  pricing shock.