Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer driver  (Read 27873 times)

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Printer driver
    « on: May 05, 2023, 11:43:04 AM »
    In the past i had no problem going to HP and download a samsung printer driver. In fact i still have it in my download folder. Even after entering my model number, they hassle you with all sorts of questions. I recall removing the driver in device manager when it was shown there, but it does not show printers now. Its connected via USB cable, so i check the usb section and it shows a multitude usb controllers which makes it impossible for me to see which one is connected to my printer, so now i do not know how i can remove and reinstall that driver. BTW, this is on my Win 7 desktop system. The driver is ML-2950

MichaelNyby

Beginner
      Re: Printer driver
      « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 09:47:58 AM »
      This set of instructions by Dell may show you an idea:

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/ja-jp/000135586/how-to-install-or-re-install-a-printer-on-windows-7-using-a-usb-connection

EDIT: If you see only Japanese on the page that loads, no problem. It is easy to see where the link is for English.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 03:26:44 PM »
      keep in mind when installing drivers for a USB printer many want it to be disconnected til it prompts you to connect...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 01:10:54 PM »
        Thanks, but there is one problem when it asks for the drivers disk. I have it, but it was the original that came with the printer. Since then I recall getting an updated version and that was the last one connected to the printer. So how do I reinstall that version? I know HP took over for Samsung printers, and that is probably where i got that updated version, but just in case i do not find it in my download folder, HP doesn't make it easy to get it back as I recalled the last time I tried. Perhaps reinstalling the original again may work. It was during XP time.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
        • My first real computer
          • Yes
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 03:34:41 PM »
        A google search showed this site supporting your printer.

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-ml-2950-laser-printer-series/17156817

I would run USB Oblivion to cleanup usb devices no longer connected to the computer

Also in device manager Select view, select show hidden devices. Then under printers delete the Samsung printer

Then re install the printer
        You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
        ― John Bunyan

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2023, 05:53:49 PM »
          I've done all that has been suggested and i am not having any luck making a test sheet. Even with my samsung disk from 2011. The weird thing is that this printer works just fine with my Acer notebook, but i need it more for my desktop...with windows 7. What is this Obilvion product? Don't know what is is and what its suppose to do and how even to get it.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
          • My first real computer
            • Yes
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #6 on: May 18, 2023, 08:56:14 PM »
          It is a program to delete all the legacy old usb devices. Google USB oblivion
          Or download from here https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/usb_oblivion.html
          You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
          ― John Bunyan

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2023, 06:54:12 AM »
            I clicked on Download for Oblivion and it saids its already downloaded. I don't understand...I never even heard of it till now.

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2023, 06:59:22 AM »
              Its not shown in my Download folder or even a system search....so why does it say "allready Installed"?