Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The Android Network and Google  (Read 24794 times)

MichaelNyby

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Familiar
    The Android Network and Google
    « on: May 10, 2023, 02:55:24 AM »
    Firstly, I saw that "phones" were in that list under this sub-forum "Hardware" so I assume I am okay starting this thread.

Next is my question, of a sort. I understand that Google somehow seems to connect so many things to my Andy (The name for my Android.) and I am wondering just what that network map might look like? Like some sort of weird chart, maybe?

I have seen on some site(s) where it was written that I could actually remove all sorts of stuff in that "network" but I haven't started that process, and may not even do so, anyway. I think I would first like to satisfy my curiosity about how all that connect this-and-that works.

Is this making any sense at all?

Oh yes, and I noticed right from the start, when I had the time at the hospital to see, that Google sure did like to hide so much stuff on Andy. That seems almost impolite. Well, I think I have also read some site where folks had all kinds of advice about tricks and stuff, but I didn't see anything like that here in this forum when I used the search engine for the forum here. Just the "normal" type questions. But my not being "normal" means I'll ask the stupid questions.

So who around here really understands all this Android network stuff that helps Google make lots and lots of money. And maybe even helps Google learn so much about each of us, if a we aren't really, really careful. I think that is more so than when using a normal desktop/laptop and the "normal" Internet. Some reason I still can't view the Andy as being part of the Internet, as I knew it before Andy came along. In fact, I almost never use Andy for anything but calls that need recording or the SMS or the occasional email correspondence. I'm even afraid to check weather using it. I am always seeing that "Where do you live? question and I know very well it is not because Google wants to go out on a date with me. Even if I am such a lovely fella. (Sorry for getting stupid there.)

Funny thing was when my family got my Andy for me we didn't even know if I would live long enough to get around to asking these kinds of questions. Even though I am in a third chemo session, I might make another year or maybe even two, so I suppose I feel okay to ask about the depth of the Android net.

Very different, too; Android Network and Android Net. "Android Net" is negative in meaning. Like the fishermen that catch my sashimi in their big nets. I guess they use nets. Google catches us in their net(s).