Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer/HP Click Causes complete loss in network connectivity  (Read 24543 times)

quaxo

Topic Starter

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Debated on where to post this as it may fall into a number of categories.

We are using HP Click with an HP DesignJet Z6dr printer. There are a number of people who print to this printer with HP Click, but only one is having an issue. That user is on a Dell Precision 3260. Every time this user prints through HP Click, it disconnects him from the network completely, almost like his network cable was just straight up unplugged. It remains disconnected until the computer is rebooted. As I said, we have at least 4-5 other computers using the same printer with the same version of HP Click software without this issue.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Printer/HP Click Causes complete loss in network connectivity
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 04:16:51 PM »
I would suspect an issue with the NIC or, rather, since it's probably integrated into such, the motherboard.

We experienced a similar issue with our software. A customer reported that one specific workstation when saving a specific moorage  reservation would completely lose all Internet. When speaking with the tech that was involved on their side he mentioned that the NIC actually had an exclamation mark after that in device manager, and disabling/re-enabling would literally hang the PC or cause a BSOD.

In your case you might have them review device manager and see if there are any issues reported with the network adapter. That might give some insight.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.