Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Right "CTRL" functions properly but Left "CTRL" does not  (Read 21683 times)

StevenMal

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Right "CTRL" functions properly but Left "CTRL" does not
    « on: June 05, 2023, 07:52:04 PM »
    The "CTRL" key on the left side of my laptop won't work with keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl+V, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+Z. It also does not function while using Firefox. I can't use keyboard shortcuts to do things like switching tabs (Ctrl+Tab), closing tabs (Ctrl+W), or opening new tabs (Ctrl+T). Strangely, the Ctrl key on the right side works properly. What has happened to my laptop's keyboard? How can I restore function to the left Ctrl key?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Right "CTRL" functions properly but Left "CTRL" does not
    « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 01:51:47 PM »
    Options are add a external desktop USB keyboard to get this back or replace the keyboard for the laptop as its damaged and that key no longer functions. Keyboard replacements can be easy or difficult depending on the model. Some people even with laptops with Bluetooth support get a wireless keyboard and connect that to laptop and then problem resolved without messing with replacing the internal keyboard of the laptop. Also Bluetooth keyboards/keypads are not that expensive. I bought a cheap one online for $15.00 that is a brand I never heard of before from china and no complaints; however buying an unknown brand comes with quality risks, if you want quality and a warranty then i'd suggest a name brand with a warranty vs the cheap online option for $15.