Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Off line printer  (Read 20240 times)

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Off line printer
    « on: June 14, 2023, 06:51:05 PM »
    I manage to get my printer to work with the old printer disk for a couple of days and now its stalled again. I am now trying to install in my laptop with win 10. I have noticed somewhere along the way once saying the printer is offline. I researched that line and all i get are compainies who want to sell that info on how to get it back online again. Perhaps someone here knows how to get it back online again. BTW, i had not received any errors, nor have any paper jams or even a red light. Windows just doesn't acknowledge it after it lighst up and hear the spool setting it up, and when it was working, just then I would hear windows acknowledging it.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Off line printer
    « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 08:48:49 PM »
    What Make/Model is the printer? And was this printer originally designed with drivers that support Windows 10 or is this an older printer with driver support for Windows 7 etc.

I had an older HP All-in-One Inkjet Scanner/Copier/Fax/Printer that I ended up just having Windows 10 find the driver for it without installing the driver from disc as the disc was dated with an old driver intended for Windows 7 and that worked for me. But not all printers are lucky this way.

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 04:30:54 AM »
      Its a Samsung Laser printer and H P has its latest drivers. I tried installing it on my Win 7 desktop and am stalled at a point I had no choice to continue...no button to press. So then i went to my later Dell laptop, plugged in the usb port and unlike you, win 10, did not install the printer.

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 01:34:35 PM »
        Sorry, the model is samsung ML-2950. For some reason, this time win 10 is not acknowledging it. I went back to win 7, installed ( I think, one is never sure these days ) and when I restarted win 7, a message appeared so quickly, I hardly had a chance to check why it said it did not go successfully...click here for details and before i had a chance to check it out, it disappeared, so i thought i would get that message again after rebooting and be prepared this time, and it did not come back.