Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: An error from Disk Management and a weird flash drive  (Read 21216 times)

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    An error from Disk Management and a weird flash drive
    « on: June 15, 2023, 12:18:26 PM »
    Hi
    Disk Management in my PC stopped working. It says: connecting to virtual disk service and doesn't show any disk. I think one of my flash drives started to create this problem. This is an Axe Memory 500 GB SSD, USB 3.2 Gen 2, UASP enabled, USB attached SCSI protocol, that's what says on the package of this flash drive.
    There's one USB 3.x port in my PC in which I stick this flash drive and then the computer starts acting up. Some programs didn't open up and Disk Manager stopped working, too. While thru the other USB ports (whether it is 3.x or 2.0)  I'm able to read the content of the flash drive. But then when I look at Disk Management it shows the same error: can't connect to virtual disk service.

And what happened now is that I got the same error from Disk Management without this flash drive connected. Really, nothing is in any USB port, and I get the same error from Disk Management.

BTW: I got installed a Windows 11 Pro Live (Windows To Go) on this flash drive now. I installed Win 11 Pro Live last night and it worked pretty well. Before an installation of Windows Live to this flash drive was the same problem when connected to my computer.

Moreover, going to the settings - system - storage -disks and volumes I noticed a problem with a little partition on the C drive. I have attached a screenshot.
    And now I've got stumped  ??? Does anybody feel to leave some comment on this issue, please?

Win 11 Pro, 64 bit

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: An error from Disk Management and a weird flash drive
      « Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 02:11:07 PM »
      Don't bother, guys. My searches led me to Windows reinstallation. I didn't want to, but I had to do this. I had no other way. In other words, I have done something wrong following specific procedures from one YT video, and then my computer landed on BIOS/UEFI (no OS). 

Now my friend laughs and says: what do you want? At least you have all partitions in a good state now. You have achieved your goal  :D  ;D   
      My computer is brand new, three weeks old. Then was the first time I looked at disk volumes and noticed something was wrong with one of the partitions (I included a screenshot in my post above). I don't know if the computer was shipped to me already with one bad disk partition or if I contributed to this problem.

As to an Axe Memory flash drive, no odd problems so far on the new OS installed.