Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer won't print  (Read 27287 times)

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Printer won't print
    « on: July 12, 2023, 01:24:16 PM »
    My ml-2950 samsung printer all of a sudden does not seem to add a single page to print. I know i can't overstuff the paper carrier and I know to 'fan' the group of papers before adding to the tray, but for the first time as is getting ready to print, the red appears and i check the tray and noticed that the entire group that i had just entered is still there ...apparently something is failing to grasp an individual paper to print. It was just fine yesterday.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Printer won't print
    « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 02:50:31 PM »
    Hi

Try printing a demo page
     Step 1  Print a demo page to make sure that the machine is operating correctly. To print a demo page: In ready mode, press and hold  (Cancel) button for about 2 seconds until the status LED blinks, and release. if the demo page prints then it is likely a computer problem.

Step 2 Just under the Samsung label there is a flap you can press which folds down and allows single pages to be loaded. Try printing with a single page inserted if it prints from the computer then it is a paper tray or paper pickup from the tray problem.

Step 3 Then try putting the top sheet of the paper in the tray up on the cork pad and insert the tray if the paper feeds and prints then it could be the paper you are using, If not, then there is a problem with the paper pickup gears like these ones

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32862343195.html?gatewayAdapt=Msite2Pc

The 2 large gears can strip if you pull a paper jam backwards.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 05:27:12 PM »
      Thanks....i moved the printer to my laptop and told to do troubleshooting and i did. The first message was to add more paper to tray, and i did and i got a print. But when i added more paper when connected to my desktop, i got the red light. I never did the manual one sheet mode. Can u tell me how that works? How is it done...is there a slot to put a sheet of paper. Does it take the entire paper.. I noticed when i was trying to insert the sheet it activated the printer like it was going to make that print, but more than half of the sheet was in my hand like i was feeding it. I would appreciate more info on that mode.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 10:36:24 PM »
      Hi

It is exactly as you describe, one sheet only fed by hand .

It's explained if you follow this link https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c05882178

I wonder if your desktop has  print jobs stalled in the print queue . To clear the Queue refer here https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us/article/en/2095128
      You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2023, 05:34:41 AM »
        Lisa, thank you again but i must inform u how frustrating it was to read that link you gave me. in the midst of reading about loading the tray, H P shoves a survey blocking the rest of the info. I had to fill it out angerily cause of the interference...I found no other way to get rid of that survey in order to finish reading. I had to return to that link and right away go immediately scroll down so i could finish reading.
        Whenever I have a problem with the printer I always clear ( cancel ) the forthcoming print.

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2023, 02:14:52 PM »
          well i tired one sheet and it didn't print and now its stuck in the "jaws" of the printer...dont wamt to mess with it   maybe turning it off might help. Dont know why it did not print though.