Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC goes back to sleep whether waking or starting  (Read 19627 times)

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Experience: Familiar
    PC goes back to sleep whether waking or starting
    « on: October 15, 2023, 10:18:20 PM »
    I guess this topic is fitting but not sure. My HP PC Windows 10 had been in sleep mode for a long period (2 hours ?) and now whether waking or starting it, it goes back to sleep within 20 to 60 seconds.  I have searched for a long time now and can't find a solution. I took the cover off, cleaned the inside, and checked all the fans and nothing has changed. It will go online but soon goes back to sleep mode. I'm hoping for an easy fix but not very positive about there being one.

I forgot to add that while in sleep mode, it will restart itself after a while and go through through the cycle all over again.
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 10:30:17 PM by jbubb »

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: PC goes back to sleep whether waking or starting
      « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 11:57:38 PM »
      I hate to reply to my own post but forgot to mention that I had swapped to an older keyboard about 5 days ago, checked all of the keys and the keys were nice and bright and all of them worked. After rebooting my modem and router which didn't help, just for kicks  I went back to this big gamer keyboard that I didn't like and now everything is back to normal. Perseverance, one of my favorite word pays off a lot of times.