Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blank Screen  (Read 2553 times)

complete_idiot

Blank Screen
« on: February 21, 2006, 11:13:16 AM »
Yeah hi
I have a huge problem with my puter that I just got back. My screen turns black after doing a fake Freeze, And then continues. I know this because There is still all the sound when i make an error. I know it's not the monitor Cause I switched it, and its probably not the graphic card cause I switched That too.
Just for info, I have Wincrap XP (I just call it that, its actually Windows *Wipe Tounge* Eww! lol) and i dont know all the other specs ill find out later.
Thanks so much in advance

Complete_Idiot

complete_idiot

Blank Screen
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 06:32:23 PM »
I got info that its overheating, and i need to know whats the temp for overheating?

GX1_Man

Re: Blank Screen
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 07:52:52 PM »
Download Everest and get some temps:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Where did you just get it back from? If it was for repairs, then maybe the job is incomplete.

complete_idiot

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 08:44:24 PM »
I got it back from my parents.
what's everest?
also, I tried google and ask and www.com and I couldn't find anything
I got info that I should replace my puter

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 05:59:02 AM »
I got it back from my parents.
what's everest?
also, I tried google and ask and www.com and I couldn't find anything
I got info that I should replace my puter

Everest gets info about your computer. It's free. I posted the link to download it, so after you  run it print a report and get lots of info about your machine. Perhaps you could post some of it. It may be a little early to replace the whole system. Let's see what you are working with. Be sure and post more than the temps.  ;)

complete_idiot

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 06:04:59 AM »
yeah, the thing  is 1) Couln't download it because the blank screen came 2)I have to ask my dad for all the downloads and he said no.
But, When I gave up hope, I went to the setup and did the defaults with an O....And I had the puter on all night and nothing! So I am going to download everest, so whenever there is a problem, I can always check it. Thanks for everything, you really saved me!

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 07:48:10 AM »
You can never have too much info about your system, especially when asking for help. Let us know how you get on.  ;)