Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New computer not working. Grr!  (Read 24916 times)

Shana-chan

Re: New computer not working. Grr!
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2006, 12:42:02 PM »
No I want to know what you did differently to get it to work that you were not doing before you initially posted your question. There is no need to be so defensive.

Okay. ^^ It just came out bad in text, sorry. XD The jumper setting is what fixed it. However, I had to reformat and reinstall the harddrive before it recognized the difference (using MaxBlast), and now WinXP will install on a 137 GB partition. I have to say that I think the diagnostics helped it a lot, though, because previously, it would only allow the 60GB partition to run anything (and even then it would die when the OS was updated).

I think the jumper being set to Master and the drive diagnostics were suggested here, so I guess coming here did resolve the problem then, huh?

I never said coming here didn't help (I even said thank you); though I was going to play with the jumpers anyhow. XD I'm glad people offered suggestions so that I could conclude whether or not it was the motherboard, though (which was my real worry).

Duncan_McGregor

New computer not working.
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2006, 12:47:33 PM »
All's well that ends well. Hope your Husband is pleased too.