Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error Loading Access Denied  (Read 35179 times)

mistybear

Error Loading Access Denied
« on: March 07, 2006, 02:04:53 AM »
I have a Packard Bell Force 4146, Windows 98, RAM 192
I just did a Smart Restore, and reinstalled all software except Norton Anti-Virus.
Everything was fine. I then D/L AGV, Turned off the computer unplugged the internet, Started the computer and it came up with
Error Loading      C/Windows/ICSNMPAOI.DLL Error  Access Denied.
We went into the cC Drive to see what it was, some sort of extension file, but while we were looking at it a virus warning popped up. So I moved it to a vault because I was unsure of deleting it whilst looking into the file problem.
Then another Virus warning popped up saying Trojan Virus, so that one we deleted. This is after AGV said there were no viruses.
I turned off the computer and restarted it but the Error Loading problem is still there.
What should I do.
All suggestions appreciated :-?

Duncan_McGregor

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 05:01:45 AM »
I have a Packard Bell Force 4146, Windows 98, RAM 192
I just did a Smart Restore, and reinstalled all software except Norton Anti-Virus.
Everything was fine. I then D/L AGV, Turned off the computer unplugged the internet, Started the computer and it came up with...

Error Loading      C:\Windows\ICSNMPAOI.DLL Error  Access Denied.

We went into the C:\ Drive to see what it was, some sort of extension file, but while we were looking at it a virus warning popped up. So I moved it to a vault because I was unsure of deleting it whilst looking into the file problem. Then another Virus warning popped up saying Trojan Virus, so that one we deleted. This is after AGV said there were no viruses.

I turned off the computer and restarted it but the Error Loading problem is still there.
What should I do?

All suggestions appreciated.

You should have had the AVG anti-virus installed before connecting to the internet.

Best to D/L AVG on the XP Computer and burn it, and any other programs you want for the PB, to a CDR so that you can re-do the PB SmartRestore and install AVG before you do your internet connection.

When I used Smart Restore on this Packard-Bell when it had ME, I elected to do a selective install, installing the Operating System and Smart Restore only, and then added the other programs I really needed later from the Master CDs. I had 'Power DVD' which caused a conflict, btw, and had to uninstall it.

If you use the (red?) Packard-Bell Technical Services Diskette to start with, choose to do a Selective Install and leave all Norton products out, as they are a pig to remove when they expire.

I wouldn't use any Norton products, as they take up too much in the way of system resources and really slow the system down. TuneUp Utilities is much better and a lot of people I know, now use TuneUp Utilities in preference to Norton Utilities, which is really obsolete now.

Again, if you use the (red?) Packard-Bell Technical Services Diskette to start with there is a simple means of getting to the technical services tools.

When you see the first install screen press the Esc key and you should see a DOS prompt. Type - ts - for Technical Services and press Enter. You'll then see a choice screen. One of the tools allows you to run check-sums on the Master CDs so you can see if they are okay.

If you have a Windows '98 StartUp Diskette (or bootdisk) you can partition the drive before using the PB restore system. (How big is the drive?)

mistybear

Re: Error Loading Access Denied
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 05:50:20 AM »
OK I'll start again >:(
It's been freezing up. When it first came up
 Error Loading C:/WindowsICSNMPAPI.DLL
Now everytime the computer starts up its the same thing except its now saying
system cannot find file
Doesn't matter I'll do as you suggest and do it again.
I don't have a red Floppy Disk only 3 black ones.
Fast Ethernet Adapter Driver Progrm
DOS DRIVER UPDATE DISK
MASTER CD BOOT DISKETTE
And of course
The Master CD 1 & 2
If you can give me a list of all the soft ware programs you would like me to D/L on the Medion to burn onto a Disc.
This computer was updated sometime ago.
RAM 64 & 128 and it has a DVD ROM instead of a CD ROM
I don't what difference that makes.
Thanks for helping me, you seem to be the only one that does, shame its a P.B.

Duncan_McGregor

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 06:12:27 AM »
OK I'll start again. :)
It's been freezing up.

When it first came up Error Loading C:/WindowsICSNMPAPI.DLL

Now everytime the computer starts up its the same thing except its now saying system cannot find file.

Doesn't matter I'll do as you suggest and do it again.

I don't have a red Floppy Disk only 3 black ones.

Fast Ethernet Adapter Driver Progrm
DOS DRIVER UPDATE DISK
MASTER CD BOOT DISKETTE

And of course the Master CD 1 & 2

If you can give me a list of all the software programs you would like me to D/L on the Medion to burn onto a Disc.

This computer was updated sometime ago.
RAM 64 & 128 and it has a DVD ROM instead of a CD ROM

I don't what difference that makes.
Thanks for helping me, you seem to be the only one that does, shame its a P.B.

Nothing wrong with PB.

OK, burn AVG, SpyBot SD, AdAware SE, SpywareBlaster, IERadicator, Open Office (unless you have an office program), TuneUp Utilities, Belarc Advisor, Everest (or Aida32) and Zone Alarm Free Home Edition Firewall plus anything else you think you might need to retain on CDR for use on both the PB and the Medion. (Ewido won't run on '98, btw.)

But first of all load the (ts) Technical Services from the MASTER CD BOOT DISKETTE and run the check-sums on the two Master CDs. (If they are in ANY way suspect make copies to good quality CDRs using, NERO on the Medion, checking 'verify data'.)

Do to so, cancel the install screen by pressing the Esc key and type ts at the prompt.

Remember. If the drive ever dies in the Packard-Bell you won't be able to use these Master CDs again. So what I do is to do a clean install from the Master CDs carefully selecting the programs you really need and then run scandisk and defrag and make a drive image to restore with.

If your drive does ever go then you can restore from the drive image to a new drive.

mistybear

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 06:41:02 AM »
OK Thanks,
                 Also I D/L these over the past few days, so tell me if they are causing problems. this on the P.B.
No Adware, AVG,  Everest,  Tune up Utilities,  CCleaner.
Maybe I shouldn't have D/L Tune up Utilities whilst I have Norton Utilities, I didn't even think about a conflict.
The No Adware was must everytime I open Internet Explorer, pop-ups lots of them we have found them in the files but it wouldn't let us delete them.
Actually the program won't let me delete anything until I register with them.    

Duncan_McGregor

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 06:58:27 AM »
OK Thanks,
                 Also I D/L these over the past few days, so tell me if they are causing problems. this on the P.B.
No Adware, AVG,  Everest,  Tune up Utilities,  CCleaner.
Maybe I shouldn't have D/L Tune up Utilities whilst I have Norton Utilities, I didn't even think about a conflict.
The No Adware was must everytime I open Internet Explorer, pop-ups lots of them we have found them in the files but it wouldn't let us delete them.
Actually the program won't let me delete anything until I register with them.    

I shouldn't bother with 'No Adware' use AdAware SE instead.

If you prefer to use Norton Utilities that is up to you, but I find that it is a resource hog and practically useless. (I forgot about CCLeaner but you can download it anytime.)

When you do a SmartRestore you'll have IE5 on the system. IERadicator will rip that out so that you can install IE6. If you have IE6 on a CD then so much the better.

You can download a FULL version of IE6 for Windows '98 on the Medion and if you need to do that I'll post the method.

IE6 for Windows '98 is quite different to IE6 for Windows XP.

Make sure that you have at least got the IE6 installer for Windows '98 available before removing IE5.

Backdated

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 02:32:02 PM »
No Adware is a rogue program that invites all sorts of nasties aboard. You will now need to fully and properly scan the system for malware before proceeding any further.
Firewall protection must be installed before accessing any network including the internet.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 02:32:53 PM by Backdated »

Duncan_McGregor

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 02:34:50 PM »
Thank you BD, I had heard that this might be a rogue program.

mistybear

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 01:53:49 AM »
OK Thankyou to both of you, yes I know Duncan has now left.

Backdated or anybody else who may know?

I had installed AVG will that help protect me, as I'v been on the internet all day and I've just read this.
I do intend to do another Smart Restore.

Backdated

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 08:04:37 AM »
Help is available if you calm down, keep to one thread, keep to one computer  and dilligently follow all instructions. Your last episode simply broke down into anarchy.
Before you attempt another reinstall, you need to have all the tools ready to hand. I'll compose a list of what you need a little later but I need to know what operating system you will be running.

Backdated

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 11:07:16 AM »
Don't you have an appointment with your psychiatrist George?

Backdated

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 11:32:06 AM »
lmfao..... The kid is seriously insane.
It's about time that your ISP got to hear of your escapades on this, and I daresay, other boards.

mistybear

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 05:16:41 PM »
Thanks Backdated,
                            I uninstalled No Adware, I'm left with the Wizard to set up No Adware. Michael has been teaching me different ways to delete this, problem is I but know when it's appropriate to do what when? I will wait for your instruction on that.
The Operating System is as above Windows 98.

The Error Loading that's been mentioned is an old problem, but it presenting it self differently since the Smart Restore. I had hoped by reinstalling Norton Utilities would correct the problem.
This computer also has another old problem when shutting down, it states that its not responding or is busy and you have a choice of Wait, End Task, I can't remeber the last one. I have tried the wait and try again but it never works so I just use End Task. I was also hoping that the Smart Restore would sort that out too.
If you need any more information let me know and I'll wait for further instructions. We'll stick to this computer.

Backdated

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 05:54:19 PM »
Would it be possible for you to zip up and email ICSNMPAPI.DLL to me as an attachment? There is no record of that filename anywhere and I'd like to see what it actually is. It will have to be zipped otherwise the various email servers along the route will strip it out.
If you use MSN Messenger, perhaps you could transfer it over that or if you can use FTP, I run a server that you can upload it to.
Don't worry about fixing it yet as everything seems to run OK without it and it's a fairly simple matter to sort out once I know exactly what it is.

You can throw a little light on your shutdown problem by bringing up the Task Manager just before shutting down. To to that, hold down the CTRL and ALT keys and press the Delete key. A small window will appear that looks similar to the one in the attachment (Colour scheme excepted ;D).
You can select each running "task" and shut it down by hitting the "End Task" button.
Don't do that yet but if you can, list what tasks are running.

Backdated

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 05:59:28 PM »
If and when you're ready to reinstall your system, I'll get that list of necessities ready for you. It won't be a lot. ;)