Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error Loading Access Denied  (Read 35187 times)

mistybear

Re: Error Loading Access Denied
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 06:06:15 PM »
 :-?Thanks for getting back to me.
I'm sorry I have no idea how to zip up something. But my son knows how to send files via MSN Messenger. But he won't be home for 4 hours yet.
If you can take me through it step by step, I'll do it. Also I'm not sure how to find it. I have had a look with Everest if thats any help?
And with the shutting down problem, sometimes we have no choice than to,
Control, Alt, Delete as it will show us what's not responding but it still won't respond. It sometimes freezes a lot. Has been better since a got rid of No Adware.  

Backdated

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 06:59:05 PM »
Do you have a firewall installed? If not, grab yourself a copy of [highlight]Kerio 215[/highlight] now. Install it, open it's options and elect not to update it. Leave it's settings as it is and be careful what you allow through it.
You'll usually know whether or not you should allow something as for instance, when you launch Internet Explorer, the firewall will ask if it should be allowed. Obviously, you want IE to have access so you tick the "Create a rule" box as well as allowing it.
If it's something that you're not sure of, disallow it or if something doesn't work after disallowing something, allow it but don't create a rule until you're sure it's safe.
It sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is!

If you don't already have them, download, install and update [highlight]Ad-Aware[/highlight] and [highlight]Spybot S&D[/highlight]. Fix anything that they find.

mistybear

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 07:33:30 PM »
OK I D/L AVG 71 Free Trial a few days ago not sure if it has a firewall, not sure how to check?

I went into Everest and in Software>Auto Start
I found this,

Winupdt     Registry/Common/Run
                 RUNDLL32.EXEC:/Windows/ICSNMPAPI.DLL,_mainRD

Do you think that this is what we are looking for?

Also I found something else that is a problem when trying to shut down, when it won't respond this is what it usually is. I found it right under the other one.

WNST        Registry/Common/User/Run
                 C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM/wnsapisu.exe

Does this help any?  

mistybear

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 08:55:52 PM »
I went into AVG, no it dosen't have a Firewall so I will D/L Kerio 215 and the others.

I also looked in the Virus Vault, there were over a hundred viruses in there and quite a few trojans, but what I did notice was the file names on the viruses.

csnmpapi.dll
dsnmpapi.exe
gcsnmpapi.dll
hcsnmpapi.dll
ecsnmpapi.exe

and so on there were a few of each.

Does this have anything to do with the problems I have been having, just curious?  

mistybear

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006, 01:25:07 AM »
OK Update,
                I installed Kerio 215, I had forgotten your instructions, and didn't do the options and I think I blocked my MSN. :-[

I also D/L SpyBot S&D and installed

AdAware SE also D/L and installed.
It found over a hundred items, I selected the main offenders for blocking or what ever it is it does. Whilst it was deleting these it did this:

Suffered a Fatal exception OE has occurred at 0177:BFF7A4A3
the current application will be terminated.
Press any key to terminate the current application
Press CTRL + ALT + DEL again to restart your computer You will lose any unsaved  so on.................
It restarted and as I was, actually I'm not sure what I was doing.
MSN automatically asks me to sign in, it was when those pages were opening that it froze. So I did what you suggested CTRL + ALT + DEL
and this is the list:
msn messenger
Explorer
ares
avgmc
loadgm
Rswc
msnappau
mgwdyi
Qttask
3dmoused
Systray
mwsoemom
msgsrv32               (not responding)
Accwiz

OK let me know what I've done wrong, nothing like positive thinking.  

Backdated

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2006, 04:51:39 AM »
You are heavily infected again. Are you going to restart from scratch or not?

mistybear

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2006, 05:30:10 AM »
Is that a question or a statement. :o

mistybear

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2006, 05:51:28 AM »
ok this Kerio Personal Firewall is becoming a guessing game.
Out going connection alert
Microsoft QMgr' from your computer wants to connect to 144.135.8.161,port 80
Which is Remote port 80-TCP
Details about application
c:/windows/loadqm.exe
At first I said deny because it came up in the middle of me looking at this site.
Then it kept coming back, after the first time I hit Permit and keep doing it, but its still on the screen. What do I do with it. :-?  

Backdated

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2006, 05:54:01 AM »
I thought I read somewhere that you were thinking of starting again from scratch.

Backdated

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2006, 05:58:57 AM »
Loadqm.exe is a component of MSN Messenger so you can safely allow it and make a rule for it. If something like this crops up again, [highlight]Google[/highlight] for it.

mistybear

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2006, 08:17:13 AM »
OK if we start from scratch, tell me what your definition is, do you mean total Restore, or a more selective Smart Restore.
I'm game, the malware alone on this surprised me.
I just had another one trying to get in c/windows/buddy/.exe       ceres
I looked it up, I didn't know you could look up these things.
I think I knew what it was by the coloured ring "Best Buy's" I think that had its own file.
OK tell me what needs doing and I'll start on it in the morning.

Backdated

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 05:54:43 PM »
I've been a little busy today so haven't had much time to look in, much less do anything. Check your PMs.

mistybear

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2006, 12:42:41 AM »
Hi Backdated,
                    I've been wondering if I should burn some of the software, such as AVG, SpyBot SD, AdAware and anything else you suggest.
         I have already D/L on the other computer:
                 AVG 7.1 Trial version
                 Everest
                 Belarc
                 CCleaner
But I can't D/L a Firewall because the computer won't let me, or is it that it won't let me install it? The other computer has its own Firewall. So can I D/L it and burn it to the CD without installing it?
I'm happy, well not happy, but I'll try to do this if you think it would be easier, if  some of the software was on a CD to be installed, without having to D/L it on this computer. I'd rather have that done and ready before I commit this to a complete Restore. Thats if your willing to help me burn these things to CD and anything else you think I might need.

Just a thought let me know what you think.

Backdated

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2006, 05:31:41 AM »
I thought that you already had the Kerio firewall?

Please read the following carefully. Read it a couple of times if necessary and if there's anything that you don't understand, please ask.
It might be wise to print it out.

You will need to download the following and burn them to CD:
[highlight]Internet Explorer 6 SP1[/highlight]
[highlight]AVG Free Antivirus[/highlight]
[highlight]Kerio Personal Firewall 215[/highlight]
[highlight]Spybot S&D[/highlight]
[highlight]Ad-Aware[/highlight]
[highlight]A˛Free anti trojan[/highlight]
[highlight]SpywareBlaster[/highlight]

I'm assuming that you're familiar with restoring your system from your restore disks so I'll let you get on with that with the simple proviso that you disconnect the lead to your modem so that the computer cannot connect to the internet. Also unplug any network cables etc so that the computer cannot connect to any other computer.
In other words, fully isolate your computer at this point.

Once the restore has completed successfully, take a look at the Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs applet and uninstall anything that you don't need.

Carry out the following in order:
Install Internet Explorer 6
Install Kerio
Install Spybot
Install Ad-Aware
Install AVG
Install A˛Free
Install SpywareBlaster
Do not install anything else at this stage.
Set up your internet connection

Reconnect your modem lead, connect to Windows Update via the Start Menu icon and install critical updates only.
Update AVG, Spybot, Ad-Aware, A˛ Free and SpywareBlaster.
Do not update Kerio. Do not visit any other sites. Do not use email.
Once all are updated, disconnect from the internet and scan the computer with, in this order:
AVG
A˛Free
Spybot
Ad-Aware
Fix anything that's found but make a note of what is found first.

Now install your usual programs such as office suite etc, scanning after each installation. Install your printer drivers etc. This is a bind but we need to know if any of the software that you currently have is infected in any way.

I've got a nice dose of 'flu, so if anyone spots anything glaringly wrong here, please feel free to amend.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 05:35:57 AM by Backdated »

mistybear

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2006, 05:45:17 AM »
Sorry for the confusion.

On this computer, the Packard Bell, is the Kerio 215 Firewall.
I thought I wouldn't be able to record anything from this computer

I can't install Kerio on to the Medion 8383 as it has it's own Firewall.
So how do I burn a copy of Kerio.

I can either burn to CD on the Medion as it has no floppy,
or can I use any of the software on the P.B. as in the Firewall, and such. :-?