Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Card  (Read 2021 times)

Sylent

Video Card
« on: March 09, 2006, 05:40:37 PM »
I have a Diamond Stealth graphics card with ATi Radeon Graphics and 256 MB mem on it. I just bought a 19 inch flat panel monitor and now F.E.A.R dosnt work right. I know that its because on my piece of crap CRT monitor i had before i could run the game at 640x800 but now with the big screen thats too small of a resolution so the picture is hazy. However, raising the resolution makes the FPS run slower like in between 25 and 40. I know that my Video card is ok, but could be a lot better so i was thinking about getting the XFX 6600 graphics card.....what do you think? I want to play my games on maxed out settings so whats a good card to buy? Also if there's anything you can think of that will improve how F.E.A.R runs on my comp. now plz tell me... thanks!!!

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Video Card
    « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 07:09:51 PM »
    Have you got the latest video drivers?
    Have you got DirectX 9.0c?
    Have you checked the game website for fixes & patches?
    You may get a better result from Omega drivers.
    http://www.omegadrivers.net/

IT-Guy

Re: Video Card
    « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 09:11:43 AM »
    I have the 6600 and FEAR runs pretty good... Although I've read where the 6600 has potential issues so perhaps you should go with the 6800 for maxed settings.