Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: question  (Read 4292 times)

chris48083

question
« on: August 18, 2004, 11:26:47 PM »

merlin_2

Re: question
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 11:40:32 PM »
dont see what not  just make sure you get the drivers for it and make a copy of them....just curious what cpu will you use..p4?and what o/s will be used..as winxp is very funny when it comes to hardware..........but it should be ok..

chris48083

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 11:43:11 PM »
 im going with windows XP (my dad has an extra lisence...can you say 'freebie'). as for the CPU im going with a intel celeron 2.3 GHz.  I wish i had funding for a pent 4, but i dont.  unless you have an extra ;)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 11:45:22 PM »
    Christopher.....After looking at the motherboard and the dvd drive they are compatible.......So in a word yes.

Hope this helps.....
    dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

chris48083

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 11:46:47 PM »
    how do you know? (not questioning answer, just looking for something to learn) ???

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 11:48:19 PM »
    and a tip from me and maybe dl65...take your time in building it  and use rubber gloves grease kills components....  and patience all  pays ...and good luck with it...

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 12:00:55 AM »
      Christopher...... Ok , if you look at the specs for the motherboard......it supports 4 x IDE devices ( 2 cd drives and 2 hard drives ) ......and if you look at the rear view of the DVD player you can see the 80 pin socket that will take the wide flat ribbon cable that will connect to the motherboard. It might be a good idea to do a little reading to get used to the terminology used for the differant things.....before you start assembling your pc.
      And as Merlin suggests  .......use care when handling the motherboard , the processor and the ram . Don't touch the chips with your fingers......and be sure that you have drained off any static buildup that you may have in your body. And apart from being a little careful and following the instructions that should be in the motherboard mannual , you shouldnt have any problems.

Hope this helps
      dl65  ???

chris48083

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 12:05:49 AM »
      yea thanks man

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 12:07:46 AM »
        Christopher......your welcome.

dl65  ???