Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BIOS  (Read 3791 times)

Bobbi

BIOS
« on: August 18, 2004, 11:59:56 AM »
I am building a computer and when I set up my BIOS on my computer all is good until I save and exit.  The monitor turns off and it won't do anything.  If I try to restart it, the monitor does the same thing.Does anyone know what I am talking about? I don't know much about this stuff so anything helps. If you could e-mail me that would be great.  [email protected]
 Thanks

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: BIOS
    « Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 01:00:03 PM »
    Bobbi........Well it sounds to me as if you are setting something in the bios that the computer doesnt like. Have you tried just using the default setting ? Also which part of the setup were you working in ?

let us know
    dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Bobbi

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 01:15:32 PM »
    I set the settings to the default settings and it did the same thing.  I don't know what part I was working in.  It is the CMOS setup utility.

??? Bobbi

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 02:41:01 PM »
    is this a brand new mobo...it should have come with the bios install disk and some new mobos do not have on board graphics?
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 02:41:17 PM by merlin_2 »

Bobbi

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 09:17:08 AM »
    It is new.  It can with a driver installation disk and the manual.

2k dummy

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 09:34:42 AM »
    Is your OS installed? If not, try installing the OS and then install the drivers. If the driver disk is DOS based you should be able to boot with a DOS disk and install drivers.