Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Surf Sidekick  (Read 3195 times)

cfnyy51

Surf Sidekick
« on: March 19, 2006, 10:57:34 AM »
Once you think you're free, they pop back up.....Pop-ups are back for me, with Surf Sidekick leading the way.  Has anyone ever encountered Surf Sidekick?  When I click on some links, the web browser, whether  it be IE or Firefox, automatically redirects me to SurfSidekick.  I ran Spybot, Anti-Vir, and Ad-aware, but none of them fixed the problem.  Spybot detected it, but was unable to fix it.  Any recommendations?

By the way, this leads me to another question:  does anyone have any ideas what to do with the things Spybot catches but is unable to fix?

Wow.  I just came across another problem while typing this post.  The window disappeared, and when I clicked on Firefox again, it reappeared.  Why do people enjoy creating problems for others?

GX1_Man

Re: Surf Sidekick
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 12:35:27 PM »
Do all the scans listed here in Safe Mode with System Restore turned off, or it will not get deleted or you will reinfect yourself later.

What spyware/adware/virus programs were you using on a regular (that is DAILY) basis?

cfnyy51

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 01:07:16 PM »
First, what listed scans are you talking about?  I'm not sure what you mean.  Second, I have Anti-Vir Guard and the Shield Firewall constantly running.  Is that sufficient?

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 05:20:12 PM »

Backdated

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 12:05:54 AM »
Once you think you're free, they pop back up.....Pop-ups are back for me, with Surf Sidekick leading the way.  Has anyone ever encountered Surf Sidekick?  When I click on some links, the web browser, whether  it be IE or Firefox, automatically redirects me to SurfSidekick.  I ran Spybot, Anti-Vir, and Ad-aware, but none of them fixed the problem.  Spybot detected it, but was unable to fix it.  Any recommendations?

Carry out the procedures listed [highlight]in this post[/highlight] and post a Hijackthis logfile here when done.

By the way, this leads me to another question:  does anyone have any ideas what to do with the things Spybot catches but is unable to fix?

Could you be more explicit? Do you have any examples?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 12:06:22 AM by Backdated »