Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: let me try and explain again.  (Read 5600 times)

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Re: let me try and explain again.
    « Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 03:30:53 PM »
    No. I did.  :-[
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 03:34:48 PM »
      Kamikazi, see the problems caused by multiple posts?
      That's why we get a little agro with double posters.
      Re: hp pavilon problems, windows xp. HELP QUICK!!
      Reply #3 - Today at 4:43am    the fans only got loud when the computer is first turned on, and then it gradually dies down.The monitor stays blank even when the computer is first turned on. but I dont think its a problem with my monitor, i think the computer itself is the problem.  
      kamikaze
      Noisy fans at start up are common.
      I think you may have led everyone down the wrong path by not mentioning that the noise disappears in this thread.
      Carry on troops but I'll be watching. LOL!

kamikaze56

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 09:58:25 PM »
      thanks guys, im sorry i haven't been on recently to give more feedback, but i havent been able to get to a good comp. but i looked into a new monitor and that didnt work, monitor was on, but it was blank. i talked to one of my friends and he said my motherboard seemed to be the problem. i didnt know what that was, so im coming to you guys, what is the motherboard, and how exactly would i know that was the problem.
      Thanks
      Kamikaze

fatali

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 03:07:41 PM »
      The motherboard is basicaly what everything in your computer connects to. It is home to the CPU, the RAM, the Northbridge and Southbridge chipsets, the PCI (and ISA if your board is old enough), I/O ports, transistors, capasitors, ect.

Here's an image of a Motherboard that uses a socket 478 processor. Yours should look similar.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 06:16:13 PM by fatali »

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
        « Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 06:25:58 PM »
        thanks guys, im sorry i haven't been on recently to give more feedback, but i havent been able to get to a good comp. but i looked into a new monitor and that didnt work, monitor was on, but it was blank. i talked to one of my friends and he said my motherboard seemed to be the problem. i didnt know what that was, so im coming to you guys, what is the motherboard, and how exactly would i know that was the problem.
        Thanks
        Kamikaze

Before you do something as drastic as remove the motherboard, please anser this: Do you notice these fans getting loud(er) again when loading a large program? If so, that's the clincher. If that's true, your PC is normal. :D
        "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Fed

• Sage
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 01:36:11 AM »
          Ever open the case before? Know which card is your video card? Make sure that it's in its slot nice and tight. Maybe its just loose.
          The next thing I'd do is what Flame suggested above.
          Did you do it yet?