Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2 Net issues  (Read 4759 times)

Michael Adam Gabzdyl

2 Net issues
« on: August 21, 2004, 02:55:07 PM »
     Alright, well here goes... best explanation of the problem that I can give.  Currently I'm monitoring my Registry files and have noticed that SOMETHING keep changing my 'search assistant' to strange long strings of supposeably completely random letters and numbers.  As far as I know that's not too bad, except that since I'm monitoring it I get a pop-up everytime it changes asking if I want to let it change.  Although I can have it set to ignore the request to change item A with item B... and to just not bother me again next time it tries replacing it with B, I cannot get it to not change it to item C D E F G H I J or any mixture of random letters and numbers afterwards because they're all different and it has to ask to make sure for each one.  Is there anyway to either... A) find out what's trying to change the key and have it stopped?  or B) Lock down that particular entry so that it can't be changed

That would be problem one... now onto problem number two.  There's a search bar that pops up whenever I try and open IE and it refuses to go away.  Clicking the X does nothing, though Alt-F4 does close it until next time I open IE.  Right clicking it and going to properties gives the same general information doing the same on a website would do... more specifically:

Address: http://lop.com/passthrough/newpass.html

So... how do I get rid of this obnoxious bar?  Thanks for your time, even if you just read the post but aren't able to help ^-^

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: 2 Net issues
    « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 04:06:54 PM »
    Michael Adam Gabzdyl.......What operating system are you running? What cleaning utilities do you regularly run . It sounds like you have some issues going on there . Could be a hijacker......but without running utilities like ......Ad-Aware , SpyBot , Spy sweeper as well as a current updated anti virus you really have no idea of the problem .  Why are you "monitoring your registry" are you doing it manually or are you using some registry utility.
    let us know and we may be able to assist you .

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

Re: 2 Net issues
    « Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 01:31:44 PM »
    you will need secretmaker from www.secretmaker.com freeware..and spysweeper from webroot.com....