Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need help with shady download  (Read 3913 times)

computerretard

need help with shady download
« on: March 26, 2006, 03:19:18 PM »
If you are opposed to so called 'piracy', leave now. I am not a major pirate. I only download a few games and all of those games are very old. I NEVER download new games.

Now to the subject at hand. For a long time I have wanted Diablo 2. I have been hooked to it since i downloaded the demo. I am absolutly bankrupt. I used Morpheus, a p2p, and downloaded the Diablo discs in .iso format. These CD images worked as far as the first disc. I used Nero to burn the image to a CD-R. The installer worked fine, however when I tried to use the play CD, the launch menu would come up but a message would come up saying please insert disc. Then I downloaded DAEMON tools, a virtual driver that can emulate copy right protection. After I expiremented with it, I finally got it to get past the insert disc message. However the screen would go black as if the game was launching, then would go back to the desktop. It would start up then immediatly shut down. From my reasoning it must be the download, but I think that I am wrong.

Has anyone else gotten past something like this? Any ideas?

I also do not want to see any posts saying that PIRACY IS WRONG or GO BUY THE GAME. This is for technical help only.

TN2COOL

Re: need help with shady download
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 03:38:45 PM »
Look, that is not an old game, its very alive and well, I would only support downloads of games that are freeware or abandonware.  Well anyways, even if you get past whatever your problem is, you will never play and enjoy the great feauture of the game, Battle Net. They've put in lots of safeguards and stuff agaisnt cheap people like you, so just go buy the game..

You say your not "a major pirate".  So if I come into your house and I steal your computer, but not your monitor, I guess it's ok then by your reasoning.. >:(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 03:39:48 PM by TN2COOL »

computerretard

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »
Once again, do you not read the guidlines. NO POSTS ON PIRACY.

p.s- I already know how to get into battle net.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 05:14:46 PM »
Forum rules prevent helping with piracy issues. Have a nice day.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 05:15:20 PM by GX1_Man »

Backdated

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 03:24:24 PM »
[size=24]
PIRACY IS WRONG - GO BUY THE GAME
[/b][/size]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 03:25:39 PM by Backdated »

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    « Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 03:29:14 PM »
    [size=48]FYI: $30 is not a big deal.[/size]

Yeah, I looked it up. It's $25 on Amazon.

You do realize that by law, we are required to report you if possible. However, I don't have the information required.
    « Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 06:54:31 PM by Timothy_Bennett »
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Xeratul

• 100,000th poster

• Hopeful
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 08:28:30 AM »
    Once again, do you not read the guidlines. NO POSTS ON PIRACY..
    You are a forum user. Being a forum user does not allow you to create your own set or rules/guidelines. What you are doing is illegal, and is against this forum's rules. Besides give the makers their hardearned money for creating such an awesome game like Diablo II.

p.s- I already know how to get into battle net.
    Just curious, but how do you do that if you can't start up the game?
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 08:30:57 AM by Wraith112 »

TN2COOL

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 05:49:06 PM »
    Haha, good one Wraith, and I think "computerretard" is an excellent name for this guy..

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
      « Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 11:08:18 AM »
      OK, we've pointed out the error of his ways. (Note the fact that he doesn't answer) However, let's lay off the personal attacks. We've made our point; let's move on and let the thread drop.
      "The geek shall inherit the Earth."