Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: having a few problems  (Read 4404 times)

atomickid

having a few problems
« on: March 26, 2006, 10:07:29 PM »
ive got a 550 mhz pIII and i had antivir and a cheesy security setup(mcafee),so ...i found what look like a good deal and bought and installed the defender pro 5 in 1. Great software!! stops everything in its tracks as far as spyware, etc...   However, I have now lost use of windows media player 10 and tried to reinstall after the warning message that the ini. file is damged. But , I tried deleting the whole media player and I cant, so then I went to system restore and now that refuses to work as well. I am using windows xp pro as my os,this is the first time ive had any problems using the system restore option. I have since contacted the support team at defender pro but yet have heard a reply, any thoughts? I dont want to reformat the hard drive...i just got all my windows updates done, thanks

James2

Re: having a few problems
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 03:08:17 AM »
Don't know if XP has this feature but 2000 does so it's worth a shot...open command prompt, type sfc/scannow, & hit enter.
If it works on XP it will bring up a window showing it is scanning for lost or damaged protected files. It will prompt you to put in the CD for your OS & copy the files from there. Like I said it's worth a shot.