Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Issues with Media Player  (Read 2386 times)

Luinearan

Issues with Media Player
« on: March 25, 2006, 09:44:31 AM »
Recently I have tried to use my media player.  It says it is not installed properly.  I tried downloading media player ten and installing it.  After I install it, everytime it says the same thing...."Windowns Media Player is not peoperly installed on you computer.  Would you like to download it from the Microsoft website?"

Can someone help me!

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Issues with Media Player
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 03:12:46 PM »
Which operating system are you using? Does your system meet the media player requirements?

Flame

Luinearan

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 10:04:02 PM »
Yeah, I am using Windows XP

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 08:54:25 AM »
I suggest uninstalling your faulty installation of Media Player if you can do that.  Then, download [urlhttp://www.ccleaner.com]CCleaner[/url] and run it.  Download that Basic version unless you want to install Yahoo toolbar which is bundled with the standard version.  Take some time to get familiar CCleaner's features before deleting stuff with it.  Note that under Applications (under Cleaner Settings), you'll see Windows Media Player specifically mentioned under Multimedia.  Be sure it's included, i.e. the box is checked, in your scan.   Also, use the Issues button in CCleaner and Scan for Issues.

Disable your anit-virus program.  Then, download Media Player again and install it again.

Luinearan

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 02:29:26 PM »
I will look into the CCleaner.  But I cant uninstall it from the add/remove programs...it's not listed there.  Bit when I try to delete it from my hard drive it wont let me.  If I delete just part of it, what I delete will re appear after a secong or two.