Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Pavilion 7420 colors/drivers  (Read 16369 times)

locotek

HP Pavilion 7420 colors/drivers
« on: August 22, 2004, 01:56:29 PM »
I do not have original start-up discs and no drivers. The monitor color choice as of now is only 16 colors (was much higher); none of the kids' games will run.

The computer HD has been formatted and Win98 has been installed (new, unopened copy).

Is the color problem driver-related or something else?

I downloaded a video driver from HP's website but have been unable to install it. How do I do that? Where can I get or buy a complete set of start-up discs for this machine?

THANKS, everyone, for any help!
-KenJ

merlin_2

Re: HP Pavilion 7420 colors/drivers
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 02:25:07 PM »
type msinfo32 in the run box...this will list all your pc components if you need them......video card etc.....to install a video driver.. right -click my comperties/properties/device manager/ click the +sign display adapters listed there should be graphics controller....click it then click properties the driver...this will give you the option to update your driver....and if you need any drivers>http://www.softlookup.com/model3.html      ask hp if they can supply you with a new set....
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 02:25:58 PM by merlin_2 »

Ken

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 07:53:38 PM »
 :D Thank you, sir; I will get on it tomorrow, I hope!

ken

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 11:55:26 AM »
 :D
Got it! I reloaded Win98 for the fifth time and the color drivers loaded. I went thru the steps you suggested (again) and reloaded the drivers from the hard disc files that came with Win98. Don't know why that didn't work the previous tries.
THANKS very much for your time!!!