Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Encoding.Explorer 6.0 sp1  (Read 4243 times)

premi

Encoding.Explorer 6.0 sp1
« on: August 23, 2004, 06:09:27 AM »
Explorer defaults to "Western European (ISO)" when I open a web page which most of the time leaves me without graphics on the page. I have to manually change it to Western European (Windows) . It then changes back if I click on a link and I have to change it again. I have tried "Auto Select" but it goes to ISO.My AV is Norton but I have had the problem before I installed it.Show Picture has not been disabled in Internet Options. If I make sure the following file types are associated by default with Microsoft Internet Explorer would that effect my Photo  Editors use of JPEG for example. (Iexplorer.exe Art image (.art) GIF image (.gfa, .gif) JPEG image (.jif, .jpe,  .jpeg, .jpg)
IEFIX doesn't adress the problem.
I use Zone Alarm, could a switch to Sygate help?
MS Knowledge base articles [Q271583] and [Q202489] & [Q283807] no help. Have re installed IE 6 several times.
O/S Windows Explorer 4.10.98 Windows Explorer 6.0 spi
Any one else had this problem and found an answer? Lisa

Raptor

Re: Encoding.Explorer 6.0 sp1
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 06:35:58 AM »
I haven't got an answer to your problem, but I suggest looking into an alternative browser such as Mozilla Firefox

lisa

Re: Encoding.Explorer 6.0 sp1
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 07:12:58 AM »
Thanks. I did that but for some reason I can't remember I had to go back to Explorer.! Lisa