Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 2000 Pro - Running Slow, No Task Manager  (Read 4442 times)

jav

Windows 2000 Pro - Running Slow, No Task Manager
« on: April 10, 2006, 02:19:47 PM »
*New user alert *  ;)

Hey there, set up is Pentium 3, 800mhz, 10gb hd, 128mb ram running windows 2000 pro.

Everything was running fine until I got the internet hooked up with a DSL modem today.  Now system runs so slow, i have numerous messages popping up saying 'bad image' and when i open the task manager it just closes straight away so I cant even tell whats running.  Also having trouble just opening most programs. I reckon a reboot is in order but I dont have the key for the Windows 2000 pro disc anymore.

Any help/ideas most appreciated.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced

jav

Re: Windows 2000 Pro - Running Slow, No Task Manag
    « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 03:27:13 AM »
    Thanks, have reinstalled windows and everything is fine.  Only thing is that I only have a maximum of 16 colours and a res of 640 x 480.

Any help how to sort this would be most appreciated.  

I have a compaq v700 17" CRT monitor

GX1_Man

Re: Windows 2000 Pro - Running Slow, No Task Manag
    « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 03:41:38 AM »
    You need to load the driver for your video card. What make/model is it? If onboard, what is the computer make/model? If you don't know, download and run Everest Home and let us know. It will tell you all of this and more:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html