Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: [Sound card] Please :-( Help me..  (Read 5769 times)

JJ-06

[Sound card] Please :-( Help me..
« on: April 14, 2006, 08:07:25 AM »
  :( :( :( Right About 2 months ago i turned my computer on and it had a error msg something about some files had corupted then it said please insert system recovery cd,so i did and when it had finished it wiped out everything on my pc,so by this time i was panicking cause of my dads work and that,i got it back to normal but without all the files on the pc,then when i went to play some music........ :-?NO SOUND!!!!!! :( error msg come up >> "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly." << ive tried : Putting the system recovery cd back in and nothings hapend,i got told to download a "sound card" but i dont know which one or where to go!!! everytime my computer does make a sound its only a little beep nothing else and it comes from the tower not the  speakers! (by the way the speakers are built in to my pc monitor and everythings conected to every so it isnt that) my pc is a 'advent T9001' ,I Dont have a clue what this means but it might be some help to you guys > Realtek AC'97 audio < thats to do with the sound i need or had :-? i dont no! but please,please wil someone help me im begging,its a new computer so i got badly told off for it and plus whats a computer if u cant have sound!!?? so please if any1s reading this if you know please reply back A.s.a.p!!! Thank you soooo soo much  :) JJ x

GX1_Man

Re: [Sound card] Please :-( Help me..
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 03:30:02 PM »
Download and run this file:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4400.html

Reboot the machine. If this doesn't fix EVERYTHING, then download and run Everest Home (free from this link) and find out what motherboard, and what specific sound driver and post back. We will be here to assist.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html