Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DHCP Client list does not show  (Read 17957 times)

merlin_2

Re: DHCP Client list does not show
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2004, 02:51:43 PM »
 raptor by connecting modem to you pc would solve your problem from what i read ...you could see if this modem has got an updating driver or patch that may cure it? but the latest 20/8/04 is to directly connect your modem?

Raptor

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2004, 04:08:49 PM »
When I was not able to access the Router the other user insisted on having Internet working. I therefore connected the modem to only one computer.

But if I were to connect my modem to my PC only, ofcourse the problem would be eliminated considering the Router would no longer be part of the network? That is a no can do, I'm affraid.

Or are you saying I should connect the Modem to my PC and then connect it to the Router again?

I will look into a patch, perhaps my provider (@home) can tell me more. I am not certain wheter these errors have always been shown. I did not find out, until two days ago, that I was able to access my Modem like I could access my Router.

2k dummy

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2004, 07:53:51 PM »
Did you set both the modem and the router to act as DHCP servers? If you did, that is a no! no! Only one DHCP server on a network. Some modems have built in DHCP servers, and when you reset it, it might have defaulted to DHCP server. Be careful what you change on the modem. Some ISP's have required settings that should not be tampered with.

Raptor

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2004, 06:07:27 AM »
Enable DHCP Server
The SURFboard cable modem can be used as a gateway to the Internet by a maximum of 32 users on a Local Area Network (LAN). When the Cable Modem is disconnected from the Internet, users on the LAN can be dynamically assigned IP Addresses by the Cable Modem DHCP Server. These addresses are assigned from an address pool which begins with 192.168.100.11 and ends with 192.168.100.42. Statically assigned IP addresses for other devices on the LAN should be chosen from outside of this range

This option is tagged.

Should I untag it?

As for the required settings, the only 'required' settings we have to get on the net is a computer name. We did not get instructions for configuring the Modem.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 06:08:23 AM by Raptor »

2k dummy

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2004, 08:34:29 AM »
There does appear to be a conflict between the modem and router DHCP servers. You can disable either one and make things work, but if you want the machines to appear in router DHCP table, you should disable it on the modem.

Raptor

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2004, 09:57:50 AM »
I disabled the Modem to act as a DHCP server. However, I still cannot view the users connected to the Router in the DHCP Client List.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 06:28:23 PM by Raptor »

Raptor

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2004, 05:27:10 AM »
Bump