Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: microsoft explorer error??  (Read 21758 times)

emily

microsoft explorer error??
« on: August 10, 2004, 09:00:22 AM »
my microsoft explorer keeps canceling out and closing... so the task bar and icons disapear off the desktop... i dont know how to fix it.. it just pops us explorer error, with the close or details buttons... then i have to restart in order to open any programs, as soon as i open something it all closes... what do i do to fix it... i have windows 98, hewlett packard pavilion..?? please help!

Raptor

Re: microsoft explorer error??
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 10:12:56 AM »
Did you install the latest security updates?

Scan for viruses, trojans and spyware.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 11:13:27 AM by Raptor »

emily

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 11:03:58 AM »
i did a norton virus scan a few days ago and this started happening after, i deleted the bad files...  i also have 2 weird programs in my ctrl+alt+del menu... they are called Rnaapp and Ccapp, i cant get rid of them... please help!!

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 11:14:16 AM »
I am not certain, but I donot believe you would want to remove those.

I suggest you go to the Viruses & Spyware section and read the 'Please Read This First - Viruses & Spyware' sticky for more information. This may help you solve your problem.

2k dummy

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 11:56:36 AM »
ccApp is an important part of the protection that Norton AntiVirus (NAV) or Norton Internet Security (NIS) provides and should not be disabled at startup.

ccApp.exe is the common hosting application that is used by both NAV and NIS. It calls the different program features in NAV and NIS. For example, in NAV, if Auto-Protect and Email Scanning are enabled, then ccApp.exe makes sure that those programs are running. If ccApp is disabled, then Auto-Protect and Email Scanning will not run.

Rnaapp is part of DUN (dial up networking). Some programs that access the internet will load it, whether it is needed or not. You use task manager to "end task" without doing any harm as long as you are not connected through a modem. Odds are that it will just be reloaded if you have a modem and a program requests a connection.

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 03:36:32 PM »
just wondered if you are using internet explorer six?if so uninstall it?

emily

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 08:48:55 AM »
no i do not have internet explorer 6... i use aol... but when the illegal error message is on the screen i can still open and use any programs, but if i cancel the window then the taskbar and icons disapear... so what should i do to fix this error message??? please help, thanks!

2k dummy

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 09:11:24 AM »
The problem is windows explorer, not IE. Sometimes, but not always, the problem will go away if you do a cold reboot. When you use "restart", windows does not clear everything out of memory. Use "shutdown", then turn of the power to the computer. Wait at least 30 seconds, then power back on. If you have Norton System Works, run Win Doctor.

emily

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 12:47:52 PM »
i tried the cold reboot, it didnt work.. i also tried a scanreg/ thing... but nothing has worked! please help... the windows explorer says it has preformed an illegal operation, and you can open programs but then in order to use them u must close the explorer.  The ctrl+alt+del menu doesnt work unless the explorer is closed.... please help!

merlin_2

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 12:56:06 PM »
ok here is the options in the cotrol panel...go to the add/remove icon click it....then scroll down the list and click m$oft internet explorer..click it...and then click remove ...dont panic...a splash screen will appear it may say repair internet explorer...or there is this link>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=249191

emily

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 03:33:21 PM »
its not my internet explorer that is broken, its my microsoft explorer, the taskbar at he bottom of the page disappears after i have to close it... should i still fix or whatever the internet explorer>>???

merlin_2

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 03:52:48 PM »
whoops got my wires crossed ;D try this try deleting \Windows\Shelliconcache this is a cache file for icons it can cause these types of errors if it gets corruptedWindows will re-create it upon reboot. ok... ;)

emily

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »
ok, i would love to do whatever u told me, but im not sure how to get into the computer cache to delete that, or whatever, so if u could elaborate it would help, thanks!!!

Lord_paranoid

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 11:45:05 PM »
this is almost the exact thing that was/is happening to my computer (windows ME)..

I would try to open internet explorer, but then a prompt would come up informing me that it was causing an error in unknown. "Ok.. close it" then it would prompt me again saying that the winodw was busy, and that closing it MAY cause problems. Minimizing or maximizing would look as though it was moving to BELOW my cpu clock. Norton couldnt find anything, and ad-aware couldnt finish its deletion process...

Honestly, I dont know what do do, so as of right onow, I'm formatting my hard drive in an attempt to reinstall win98... but for some reason I foresee problem with this action.... any help is appreciated

merlin_2

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2004, 12:26:57 PM »
the both of you have problems related to nav it seems  i dumped mine and got a free one anti virus program?emily can you take win2k dummys advice and run win doctor it was silly of me to suggest that  you to  play with your reg?...can you plaese bth of you post the error messages....thanks..