Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Firefox 1.5.0.2  (Read 2632 times)

Carl_Padrez

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Firefox 1.5.0.2
    « on: April 25, 2006, 08:51:49 PM »
    My primary browser is IE. I'm using Firefox as a secondary one and it has performed fine since I installed it, months ago,.... till today when, without any noticeable reason, whenever I copy something from any material (a newspaper page, for instance) displayed by Firefox and try to paste it in an Outlook message text or in a Word document, what I got pasted is the last material copied before entering Firefox. That is, nothing was copied from the newspaper page displayed by Firefox.

If I select the full URL from the Firefox URL's window and use the 'cut' command, the URL disappears, but when I try to paste it elsewhere I also got the last material copied before entering Firefox. The 'copy' command does not work within Firefox.

However, If I do the same using IE, it works perfectly.

I uninstalled Firefox, asked for complete deletion of related files, deleted the Program Files Mozilla folder manually, restarted my PC and installed a Firefox fresh copy,.. and got two surprises:
    1) When I open Firefox I got same tabs than before (what happened with the 'delete all related files'  command?);  
    2) The copy&paste problem is still the same.

Any ideas on how to solve that,... other than forget about Firefox?

GX1_Man

Re: Firefox 1.5.0.2
    « Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 10:19:13 PM »
    After you uninstall,rebootandrun ccleaner, then reinstall (www.ccleaner.com but be sure to uncheck the "I want Yahoo Toolbar" box.)

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 12:05:44 AM »
    The lingering files sound to me like they are related to SessionSaver.  Had you installed that extension?

I have heard of problems with the latest Firefox related to cut and paste.  Presumably that will be fixed in a hurry.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Carl_Padrez

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 05:19:10 PM »
      No, as far as I recall I didn't install SessionSaver.

Last night I installed Firefox 1.5.0.2 in a nother PC whose only browser is IE. The installation was fine but from the very beginning Firefox presented the same copy&paste problem. Even more, when I decided to shut off that PC I was asked to wait because some updating was taking place and the PC will shut off automatically awhen done.  Well, I trusted that and went to bed.... to find this morning the PC in the same place and routine and left it last night. What was new in it? Firefox; nothing else.

I have tried several wasy in my main PC (installing a previous Firefox version, uninstall Google Desktop Search, uninstall Google Updater, etc.) but problem is still there.

infoseeker

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 09:11:26 PM »
      i got the same problem several weeks ago, and i posted in this forum and other forums also and i got also the same response---
      Uninstall and reinstall.
      CTRL+C CTRL+V sometimes working but most of the time not working
      and this is what i got also in other website "its a bug"
      and i know FF knows it very well and until now they cannot fix it (i dont know why)

what i make is, i transfer to OPERA and its doing fine for me (and i think you try also OPERA)

Carl_Padrez

Topic Starter

Rookie
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        « Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 08:35:29 PM »
        Well, since FF hasn't fixed the problem yet I installed Opera following Infoseeker's advice, and I got a pleasant surprise. I don't think Opera is faster or easier than FF but has several interesting features FF has not.  I have to continue exploring Opera but I suspect it'll become my primary browser.