Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

Anyone Planning On Getting The PS3 When It Comes Out?

Yes
8 (21.1%)
No
21 (55.3%)
Maybe
9 (23.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: The PS3  (Read 16191 times)

R0SS

The PS3
« on: April 27, 2006, 02:28:26 PM »
it looks cool but i think i might just give up with Dedicated game consoles.

What about you guys?

R0SS

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Re: The PS3
    « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 04:58:32 PM »
    I never got a dedicated game console and see no reason to start now.

I. Bugs, bugs, bugs!

Every Xbox or PSx game I've seen that later came out for the PC was loaded with bugs on the console - there would be crashes, corrupted games, freezes, etc., but by the time they came out on the PC, about 75-80% of the bugs were fixed. Patches made after that resolve about 70% of the rest of the bugs. Where are the comparable patches for console games? AFAIK, they don't exist!

II. Features, man
    I remember when Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, a good RPG for SW fans, came out on Xbox. I watched a friend play it. Everyone was a bunch of clones! No, not the clones from the Prequel Trilogy, there was just too much recycling of 3D models and skins! It wasn't Attack of the Clones but it sure felt like it. When it came out on the PC, not only were there less clones, there were more side-adventures (mostly bug-free, I might add) to go on!

Now, that's just one game. But there were others - none come to the top of my head ATM, but there were more. Another reason to stick with PC's.

III. Price
    Console games tend to be $5-$15 more expensive than their less-bug-ridden feature-enhanced PC counterparts. 'Nuff said.

On a more personal level: Computers, unlike consoles, can be easily understood. If something major is going wrong, I can pop open the case, look inside, and almost immediately see what to test, what to fix, what to replace. And PC's can be upgraded. If the game is lagging I can go upgrade my memory or my video card. Consoles? AFAIK only God and the makers of the console know what's inside it and how to fix a hardware issue.

Sorry if I come across a bit harsh, but i've never gotten the point of consoles.
    « Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 05:51:17 PM by Timothy_Bennett »
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 05:50:13 PM »
    I won't be buying anything of the sort. I'm a PC gamer  ;D  Price is going to be an issue too. If the PS2 is still about $200, imagine this new system... I'm not paying that price for what it is...

Flame

TN2COOL

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 08:43:09 PM »
    Yep.. build your own PC and it will own any new console graphically and pretty much in every category..

In my mind, it goes like this..

Macs > Consoles > Onions on my burgers > PC

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
      « Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 08:58:54 PM »
      You just placed PCs in last place... sorry to nitpick. ;D
      "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Perfect Agent52

Hopeful
      • Give them nothing, but take from them everything
        « Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 11:14:09 AM »
        Xbox 360 is much better than PS3 by far. There is no way Playstation HUB is going to match up to Xbox Live. The PS3 runs only 50 mhz faster than 360 and the 360 has 256 eram. Also, they don't have any good launch titles coming out. I would put 360 on top of PC though just because I enjoy console gaming.
        HP Pavilion A6010n
        Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.80 ghz
        XFX Nvidia 7600gt PCI-E graphics card
        2 GB Kingston DDR2 SDRAM PC4200
        Antec 500W PSU

R0SS

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 03:34:12 PM »
        Good Poll guys and good job in telling me what you think about the PS3

I agree with everything that you said.

R0SS

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
        « Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 04:04:26 PM »
        I like PC grapgics more. It depends on the card. If you keep-up with things, your card will easily own compared to the game system as Tien said. Computers make thse consoles... They're better...

Flame

TN2COOL

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 08:10:25 PM »
        You just placed PCs in last place... sorry to nitpick. ;D

Haha! so I did.. Maybe this is why I suck at math..  :-[

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
        « Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 03:22:12 PM »
        Join the club  :P  I don't use math with computers. Streetsmarts and studies  ;D

Flame

T-Chai

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 03:13:21 AM »
        I think that PS3 might have a better performance and graphic than an Xbox 360 well you never know, that why they are coming out late because they might be improving it. The japanese people know that ps2 is more rubbish then xbox 360 so they will try to out match the microsoft company.

I dont know what to say but when halo 3 comes out at the same time as PS3 and ps3 are more powerfull than xboox360 than the xbox price must goes down to know ps3 back, the think is i wouldent know which one to buy?

Cheap xbox with halo3 or a powerfull ps3 console

TN2COOL

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 09:02:41 PM »
        "The japanese people know that ps2 is more rubbish then xbox 360 so they will try to out match the microsoft company. "

Umm dude what are you talking about, the Japanese LOVE Sony.. Did you even read up on the news about the Xbox360's piling up over there?  They barely even touched the Xbox the past years.. I don't think that trend would likely change soon.  Oh and their graphic cards are about the same, they utilize the 7800GTX and it's really up to the devs of the games on how to use it to their full potential. (I'd also like to note that the PC comes on top once again, as we can utilize TWO 7900GTX's in SLI and totally kill the console competition, at a price however.. blah)

Perfect Agent52

Hopeful
          « Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 04:53:48 AM »
          "The japanese people know that ps2 is more rubbish then xbox 360 so they will try to out match the microsoft company. "

Umm dude what are you talking about, the Japanese LOVE Sony.. Did you even read up on the news about the Xbox360's piling up over there?  They barely even touched the Xbox the past years.. I don't think that trend would likely change soon.  Oh and their graphic cards are about the same, they utilize the 7800GTX and it's really up to the devs of the games on how to use it to their full potential. (I'd also like to note that the PC comes on top once again, as we can utilize TWO 7900GTX's in SLI and totally kill the console competition, at a price however.. blah)
          Of course Japan loves sony. Japan is the only thing that sony has right now. Xbox Live owns ALL online services, and ps3 will never amount to what the microsoft corp. has gotten from xbox live. Graphicky wise, PS3 isn't going to win with in-game graphics, we all know how good they are with movies, but they are just movies. Also, PS3 doesn't have any good launch titles anyways. PS3 has a slim chance jsut because of rumors. Hmmmmm, seems a lot like ps2.....
          HP Pavilion A6010n
          Antec 500W PSU

Perfect Agent52

Hopeful
            « Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 04:55:47 AM »
            I won't be buying anything of the sort. I'm a PC gamer  ;D  Price is going to be an issue too. If the PS2 is still about $200, imagine this new system... I'm not paying that price for what it is...

Flame
            Yea, even though I have a 360, PS3 might be $500, without the blu-ray.
            HP Pavilion A6010n
            Antec 500W PSU

Perfect Agent52

Hopeful
              « Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 05:00:31 AM »
              I think that PS3 might have a better performance and graphic than an Xbox 360 well you never know, that why they are coming out late because they might be improving it. The japanese people know that ps2 is more rubbish then xbox 360 so they will try to out match the microsoft company.

I dont know what to say but when halo 3 comes out at the same time as PS3 and ps3 are more powerfull than xboox360 than the xbox price must goes down to know ps3 back, the think is i wouldent know which one to buy?

Cheap xbox with halo3 or a powerfull ps3 console
              I don't even like Halo, and I still pick xbox over playstation. Name me one title with less than 3 sequels on playstation and then talk about halo. This game has a deep story (Halo 2 single player still sucked) and the online rules. Also, OF COURSE A NEXT-GEN CONSOLE IS GOING TO BE BETTER THAN A CURRENT-GEN CONSOLE. Again, all PS3 is doing is what they did with that crap of a system PS2, build up a bunch of played out rumors that the japanese and the few idiotic americans listen too.
              HP Pavilion A6010n
              Antec 500W PSU